Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Outstanding Alumni of the Year Awards
On October 29, the St. John Fisher College Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter named Dan Maxwell '66 and Sam Rizzo '01 as the 2009 recipients of the SJFC Outstanding Alumni of the Year in Western New York Award. Recipients of the award are honored for their professional achievements and for incorporating goodness, discipline, and knowledge into their everyday lives.
Maxwell works at First Niagara Risk Management, Inc. in Buffalo and currently serves as a member of the Board of Trustees at St. John Fisher College.
Rizzo is a history teacher at Canisius High School in Buffalo, the same school from which he graduated in 1997. He is a former St. John Fisher College Service Scholar.
The St. John Fisher College Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter was formally established in 2007 to provide opportunities for alumni working and living in Western New York to create mutually beneficial support networks and participate in the continuing growth and development of their alma mater.
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards