Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Outstanding Alumni of the Year Awards
On October 29, the St. John Fisher College Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter named Dan Maxwell '66 and Sam Rizzo '01 as the 2009 recipients of the SJFC Outstanding Alumni of the Year in Western New York Award. Recipients of the award are honored for their professional achievements and for incorporating goodness, discipline, and knowledge into their everyday lives.
Maxwell works at First Niagara Risk Management, Inc. in Buffalo and currently serves as a member of the Board of Trustees at St. John Fisher College.
Rizzo is a history teacher at Canisius High School in Buffalo, the same school from which he graduated in 1997. He is a former St. John Fisher College Service Scholar.
The St. John Fisher College Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter was formally established in 2007 to provide opportunities for alumni working and living in Western New York to create mutually beneficial support networks and participate in the continuing growth and development of their alma mater.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception