Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Outstanding Alumni of the Year Awards
On October 29, the St. John Fisher College Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter named Dan Maxwell '66 and Sam Rizzo '01 as the 2009 recipients of the SJFC Outstanding Alumni of the Year in Western New York Award. Recipients of the award are honored for their professional achievements and for incorporating goodness, discipline, and knowledge into their everyday lives.
Maxwell works at First Niagara Risk Management, Inc. in Buffalo and currently serves as a member of the Board of Trustees at St. John Fisher College.
Rizzo is a history teacher at Canisius High School in Buffalo, the same school from which he graduated in 1997. He is a former St. John Fisher College Service Scholar.
The St. John Fisher College Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter was formally established in 2007 to provide opportunities for alumni working and living in Western New York to create mutually beneficial support networks and participate in the continuing growth and development of their alma mater.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year