Wegmans School of Pharmacy Student Receives AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship
Salia Farrokh, a fourth-year pharmacy student at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, is a 2009 recipient of an AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship. The scholarship funds allowed Farrokh and her faculty mentor, Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy, to attend the 2009 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting and the Teachers Seminar in Boston on July 18-22.
AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement, a personal statement from the student, and a letter of support from the faculty mentor. Each year, the program provides $1,000 travel scholarships to 65 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions to attend the Annual Meeting. Graduate students, doctoral students, residents, and fellows, along with their faculty mentors, are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
For more information about the AACP/Wal-Mart Scholars Program, please visit www.aacp.org/career/grants/Pages/walmart.aspx.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception