Wegmans School of Pharmacy Student Receives AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship
Salia Farrokh, a fourth-year pharmacy student at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, is a 2009 recipient of an AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship. The scholarship funds allowed Farrokh and her faculty mentor, Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy, to attend the 2009 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting and the Teachers Seminar in Boston on July 18-22.
AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement, a personal statement from the student, and a letter of support from the faculty mentor. Each year, the program provides $1,000 travel scholarships to 65 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions to attend the Annual Meeting. Graduate students, doctoral students, residents, and fellows, along with their faculty mentors, are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
For more information about the AACP/Wal-Mart Scholars Program, please visit www.aacp.org/career/grants/Pages/walmart.aspx.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference