Wegmans School of Pharmacy Student Receives AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship
Salia Farrokh, a fourth-year pharmacy student at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, is a 2009 recipient of an AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship. The scholarship funds allowed Farrokh and her faculty mentor, Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy, to attend the 2009 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting and the Teachers Seminar in Boston on July 18-22.
AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement, a personal statement from the student, and a letter of support from the faculty mentor. Each year, the program provides $1,000 travel scholarships to 65 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions to attend the Annual Meeting. Graduate students, doctoral students, residents, and fellows, along with their faculty mentors, are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
For more information about the AACP/Wal-Mart Scholars Program, please visit www.aacp.org/career/grants/Pages/walmart.aspx.
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification