Wegmans School of Pharmacy Student Receives AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship
Salia Farrokh, a fourth-year pharmacy student at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, is a 2009 recipient of an AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship. The scholarship funds allowed Farrokh and her faculty mentor, Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy, to attend the 2009 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting and the Teachers Seminar in Boston on July 18-22.
AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement, a personal statement from the student, and a letter of support from the faculty mentor. Each year, the program provides $1,000 travel scholarships to 65 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions to attend the Annual Meeting. Graduate students, doctoral students, residents, and fellows, along with their faculty mentors, are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
For more information about the AACP/Wal-Mart Scholars Program, please visit www.aacp.org/career/grants/Pages/walmart.aspx.
Latest College News Stories
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award