Wegmans School of Pharmacy Student Receives AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship
Salia Farrokh, a fourth-year pharmacy student at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, is a 2009 recipient of an AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship. The scholarship funds allowed Farrokh and her faculty mentor, Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy, to attend the 2009 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting and the Teachers Seminar in Boston on July 18-22.
AACP/Wal-Mart Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement, a personal statement from the student, and a letter of support from the faculty mentor. Each year, the program provides $1,000 travel scholarships to 65 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions to attend the Annual Meeting. Graduate students, doctoral students, residents, and fellows, along with their faculty mentors, are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
For more information about the AACP/Wal-Mart Scholars Program, please visit www.aacp.org/career/grants/Pages/walmart.aspx.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International