Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery Opens New Exhibit on November 6
The art gallery at the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center at St. John Fisher College will open a new exhibit on Friday, November 6. "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" will be on display through February 5, 2010, and is free and open to the public.
The exhibit features the artistic renderings of photographer Edward Witaszek. The highlights of the work displayed are the intense, close-up portraits of statues, mausoleums, and tombs from cemeteries around the world.
Witaszek, a Rochester resident, has dedicated the past five years of his life to documenting various burial grounds in places such as the Caribbean, Europe, and South America, and interpreting them through the lens of his camera.
"Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" earned its name from the dominance of greenery at the Cimiterio di San Michele in Venice, Italy, and the brilliant blue sea and sky at the Cementerio Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzis in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In celebration of the exhibit, a reception will be held on Thursday, November 5 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery.
Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road. The exhibit is handicapped accessible.
For more information about "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano," please contact Calista Amering, Manager of Stewardship and Events, at (585) 385-7322 or email@example.com.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine