Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery Opens New Exhibit on November 6
The art gallery at the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center at St. John Fisher College will open a new exhibit on Friday, November 6. "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" will be on display through February 5, 2010, and is free and open to the public.
The exhibit features the artistic renderings of photographer Edward Witaszek. The highlights of the work displayed are the intense, close-up portraits of statues, mausoleums, and tombs from cemeteries around the world.
Witaszek, a Rochester resident, has dedicated the past five years of his life to documenting various burial grounds in places such as the Caribbean, Europe, and South America, and interpreting them through the lens of his camera.
"Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" earned its name from the dominance of greenery at the Cimiterio di San Michele in Venice, Italy, and the brilliant blue sea and sky at the Cementerio Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzis in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In celebration of the exhibit, a reception will be held on Thursday, November 5 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery.
Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road. The exhibit is handicapped accessible.
For more information about "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano," please contact Calista Amering, Manager of Stewardship and Events, at (585) 385-7322 or email@example.com.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day