Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery Opens New Exhibit on November 6
The art gallery at the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center at St. John Fisher College will open a new exhibit on Friday, November 6. "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" will be on display through February 5, 2010, and is free and open to the public.
The exhibit features the artistic renderings of photographer Edward Witaszek. The highlights of the work displayed are the intense, close-up portraits of statues, mausoleums, and tombs from cemeteries around the world.
Witaszek, a Rochester resident, has dedicated the past five years of his life to documenting various burial grounds in places such as the Caribbean, Europe, and South America, and interpreting them through the lens of his camera.
"Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" earned its name from the dominance of greenery at the Cimiterio di San Michele in Venice, Italy, and the brilliant blue sea and sky at the Cementerio Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzis in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In celebration of the exhibit, a reception will be held on Thursday, November 5 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery.
Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road. The exhibit is handicapped accessible.
For more information about "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano," please contact Calista Amering, Manager of Stewardship and Events, at (585) 385-7322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication