Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery Opens New Exhibit on November 6
The art gallery at the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center at St. John Fisher College will open a new exhibit on Friday, November 6. "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" will be on display through February 5, 2010, and is free and open to the public.
The exhibit features the artistic renderings of photographer Edward Witaszek. The highlights of the work displayed are the intense, close-up portraits of statues, mausoleums, and tombs from cemeteries around the world.
Witaszek, a Rochester resident, has dedicated the past five years of his life to documenting various burial grounds in places such as the Caribbean, Europe, and South America, and interpreting them through the lens of his camera.
"Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" earned its name from the dominance of greenery at the Cimiterio di San Michele in Venice, Italy, and the brilliant blue sea and sky at the Cementerio Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzis in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In celebration of the exhibit, a reception will be held on Thursday, November 5 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery.
Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road. The exhibit is handicapped accessible.
For more information about "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano," please contact Calista Amering, Manager of Stewardship and Events, at (585) 385-7322 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer