Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery Opens New Exhibit on November 6
The art gallery at the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center at St. John Fisher College will open a new exhibit on Friday, November 6. "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" will be on display through February 5, 2010, and is free and open to the public.
The exhibit features the artistic renderings of photographer Edward Witaszek. The highlights of the work displayed are the intense, close-up portraits of statues, mausoleums, and tombs from cemeteries around the world.
Witaszek, a Rochester resident, has dedicated the past five years of his life to documenting various burial grounds in places such as the Caribbean, Europe, and South America, and interpreting them through the lens of his camera.
"Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano" earned its name from the dominance of greenery at the Cimiterio di San Michele in Venice, Italy, and the brilliant blue sea and sky at the Cementerio Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzis in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In celebration of the exhibit, a reception will be held on Thursday, November 5 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Skalny Welcome Center Art Gallery.
Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road. The exhibit is handicapped accessible.
For more information about "Verde Veneciano, Azul Borincano," please contact Calista Amering, Manager of Stewardship and Events, at (585) 385-7322 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum