Wegmans School of Pharmacy Collects Items for Operation Christmas Child
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy's student chapter of Christian Pharmacist Fellowship International (CPFI) is collecting donations for a service project called "Operation Christmas Child." The project, started by Samaritan's Purse International Relief in 1993, delivers shoeboxes filled with toys, school items, and toiletries to children in destitute areas throughout the world.
From now through November 17, the students will collect gift items and shoe boxes in large collection bins located throughout campus. Appropriate gifts include:
- Toys - small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, etc.
- School supplies - pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pads, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Hygiene items - toothbrushes, toothpaste, mild bar soaps (in a plastic bag), combs, washcloths, etc.
- Other - hard candy and lollipops, mints, gum, t-shirts, socks, baseball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, and flashlights (with extra batteries)
- Please do NOT include: used or damaged items, toys related to violence, chocolate or food, liquids or lotions, and sharp or breakable objects.
- Shoe boxes and other boxes of a similar size are much needed and appreciated.
- Monetary donations will also be accepted, but must be dropped off to Carla Snell in Suite 217 in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy.
Item drop-off locations include Wegmans School of Pharmacy Suite 217, Lavery Library, the Campus Bookstore, and Cyber Cafe.
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy will host an "assembly day" to fill all of the shoeboxes on November 18.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”