Wegmans School of Pharmacy Collects Items for Operation Christmas Child
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy's student chapter of Christian Pharmacist Fellowship International (CPFI) is collecting donations for a service project called "Operation Christmas Child." The project, started by Samaritan's Purse International Relief in 1993, delivers shoeboxes filled with toys, school items, and toiletries to children in destitute areas throughout the world.
From now through November 17, the students will collect gift items and shoe boxes in large collection bins located throughout campus. Appropriate gifts include:
- Toys - small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, etc.
- School supplies - pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pads, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Hygiene items - toothbrushes, toothpaste, mild bar soaps (in a plastic bag), combs, washcloths, etc.
- Other - hard candy and lollipops, mints, gum, t-shirts, socks, baseball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, and flashlights (with extra batteries)
- Please do NOT include: used or damaged items, toys related to violence, chocolate or food, liquids or lotions, and sharp or breakable objects.
- Shoe boxes and other boxes of a similar size are much needed and appreciated.
- Monetary donations will also be accepted, but must be dropped off to Carla Snell in Suite 217 in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy.
Item drop-off locations include Wegmans School of Pharmacy Suite 217, Lavery Library, the Campus Bookstore, and Cyber Cafe.
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy will host an "assembly day" to fill all of the shoeboxes on November 18.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students