Wegmans School of Pharmacy Collects Items for Operation Christmas Child
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy's student chapter of Christian Pharmacist Fellowship International (CPFI) is collecting donations for a service project called "Operation Christmas Child." The project, started by Samaritan's Purse International Relief in 1993, delivers shoeboxes filled with toys, school items, and toiletries to children in destitute areas throughout the world.
From now through November 17, the students will collect gift items and shoe boxes in large collection bins located throughout campus. Appropriate gifts include:
- Toys - small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, etc.
- School supplies - pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pads, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Hygiene items - toothbrushes, toothpaste, mild bar soaps (in a plastic bag), combs, washcloths, etc.
- Other - hard candy and lollipops, mints, gum, t-shirts, socks, baseball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, and flashlights (with extra batteries)
- Please do NOT include: used or damaged items, toys related to violence, chocolate or food, liquids or lotions, and sharp or breakable objects.
- Shoe boxes and other boxes of a similar size are much needed and appreciated.
- Monetary donations will also be accepted, but must be dropped off to Carla Snell in Suite 217 in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy.
Item drop-off locations include Wegmans School of Pharmacy Suite 217, Lavery Library, the Campus Bookstore, and Cyber Cafe.
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy will host an "assembly day" to fill all of the shoeboxes on November 18.
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards