Wegmans School of Pharmacy Collects Items for Operation Christmas Child
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy's student chapter of Christian Pharmacist Fellowship International (CPFI) is collecting donations for a service project called "Operation Christmas Child." The project, started by Samaritan's Purse International Relief in 1993, delivers shoeboxes filled with toys, school items, and toiletries to children in destitute areas throughout the world.
From now through November 17, the students will collect gift items and shoe boxes in large collection bins located throughout campus. Appropriate gifts include:
- Toys - small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, etc.
- School supplies - pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pads, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Hygiene items - toothbrushes, toothpaste, mild bar soaps (in a plastic bag), combs, washcloths, etc.
- Other - hard candy and lollipops, mints, gum, t-shirts, socks, baseball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, and flashlights (with extra batteries)
- Please do NOT include: used or damaged items, toys related to violence, chocolate or food, liquids or lotions, and sharp or breakable objects.
- Shoe boxes and other boxes of a similar size are much needed and appreciated.
- Monetary donations will also be accepted, but must be dropped off to Carla Snell in Suite 217 in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy.
Item drop-off locations include Wegmans School of Pharmacy Suite 217, Lavery Library, the Campus Bookstore, and Cyber Cafe.
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy will host an "assembly day" to fill all of the shoeboxes on November 18.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems