Wegmans School of Pharmacy Collects Items for Operation Christmas Child
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy's student chapter of Christian Pharmacist Fellowship International (CPFI) is collecting donations for a service project called "Operation Christmas Child." The project, started by Samaritan's Purse International Relief in 1993, delivers shoeboxes filled with toys, school items, and toiletries to children in destitute areas throughout the world.
From now through November 17, the students will collect gift items and shoe boxes in large collection bins located throughout campus. Appropriate gifts include:
- Toys - small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, etc.
- School supplies - pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pads, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Hygiene items - toothbrushes, toothpaste, mild bar soaps (in a plastic bag), combs, washcloths, etc.
- Other - hard candy and lollipops, mints, gum, t-shirts, socks, baseball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, and flashlights (with extra batteries)
- Please do NOT include: used or damaged items, toys related to violence, chocolate or food, liquids or lotions, and sharp or breakable objects.
- Shoe boxes and other boxes of a similar size are much needed and appreciated.
- Monetary donations will also be accepted, but must be dropped off to Carla Snell in Suite 217 in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy.
Item drop-off locations include Wegmans School of Pharmacy Suite 217, Lavery Library, the Campus Bookstore, and Cyber Cafe.
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy will host an "assembly day" to fill all of the shoeboxes on November 18.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative