Rice and Sarachan Present "Facebook, Twitter, and iPhones" for First Friday Lecture Series
On Friday, November 6, Dr. Mark Rice, Associate Professor of American Studies, and Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, will present "Facebook, Twitter, and iPhones: How Social Networking and Mobile Technologies Improve Learning and Prepare Students for Careers in the 21st Century." The presentation is part of St. John Fisher College's First Friday Faculty Lecture Series. The event begins at 10 a.m. in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Board Room on the Fisher campus, and is free and open to the public.
In their lecture, Rice and Sarachan will discuss how students use social networking sites and mobile devices throughout their everyday lives. Rather than avoiding or trying to disengage them from such tools, Rice and Sarachan make suggestions for using these technologies to improve learning. As a way to prepare students for life in the 21st century, blogging, Facebook, texting, and Twitter all offer new ways to explore deep ideas.
The First Friday Faculty Lecture Series takes place on the first Fridays of October through December during the fall semester and February through April in the spring semester. The lectures are designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of current topics from members of the St. John Fisher College faculty.
Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road.
For more information about the lecture series or to register for the November 6 event, please contact Tiffany Carnevale at (585) 385-8354 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference