Rice and Sarachan Present "Facebook, Twitter, and iPhones" for First Friday Lecture Series
On Friday, November 6, Dr. Mark Rice, Associate Professor of American Studies, and Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, will present "Facebook, Twitter, and iPhones: How Social Networking and Mobile Technologies Improve Learning and Prepare Students for Careers in the 21st Century." The presentation is part of St. John Fisher College's First Friday Faculty Lecture Series. The event begins at 10 a.m. in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Board Room on the Fisher campus, and is free and open to the public.
In their lecture, Rice and Sarachan will discuss how students use social networking sites and mobile devices throughout their everyday lives. Rather than avoiding or trying to disengage them from such tools, Rice and Sarachan make suggestions for using these technologies to improve learning. As a way to prepare students for life in the 21st century, blogging, Facebook, texting, and Twitter all offer new ways to explore deep ideas.
The First Friday Faculty Lecture Series takes place on the first Fridays of October through December during the fall semester and February through April in the spring semester. The lectures are designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of current topics from members of the St. John Fisher College faculty.
Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road.
For more information about the lecture series or to register for the November 6 event, please contact Tiffany Carnevale at (585) 385-8354 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine