Rice and Sarachan Present "Facebook, Twitter, and iPhones" for First Friday Lecture Series
On Friday, November 6, Dr. Mark Rice, Associate Professor of American Studies, and Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, will present "Facebook, Twitter, and iPhones: How Social Networking and Mobile Technologies Improve Learning and Prepare Students for Careers in the 21st Century." The presentation is part of St. John Fisher College's First Friday Faculty Lecture Series. The event begins at 10 a.m. in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Board Room on the Fisher campus, and is free and open to the public.
In their lecture, Rice and Sarachan will discuss how students use social networking sites and mobile devices throughout their everyday lives. Rather than avoiding or trying to disengage them from such tools, Rice and Sarachan make suggestions for using these technologies to improve learning. As a way to prepare students for life in the 21st century, blogging, Facebook, texting, and Twitter all offer new ways to explore deep ideas.
The First Friday Faculty Lecture Series takes place on the first Fridays of October through December during the fall semester and February through April in the spring semester. The lectures are designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of current topics from members of the St. John Fisher College faculty.
Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road.
For more information about the lecture series or to register for the November 6 event, please contact Tiffany Carnevale at (585) 385-8354 or email@example.com.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference