Dr. Singh Presents at Caste and Contemporary India Conference
Dr. Roja Singh, who teaches in the Women and Gender Studies Program, presented her paper, "Critical-Constructive Narratives by Bama (Dalit Woman Writer): Interweaving Liberation of 'Visible' Bodies and Silenced 'Voices' as TEXTure for Dalit Women's Freedom," at Columbia University on October 16.
The conference, Caste and Contemporary India, was organized by the South Asia Institute at Columbia and featured established academicians and political analysts from all over the world.
Dr. Singh's paper was a theoretical analysis of the sexual vulnerability of young Dalit girls and the ways in which caste, patriarchy, and class get re-invoked repeatedly on these young unprotected bodies.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement