Dr. Singh Presents at Caste and Contemporary India Conference
Dr. Roja Singh, who teaches in the Women and Gender Studies Program, presented her paper, "Critical-Constructive Narratives by Bama (Dalit Woman Writer): Interweaving Liberation of 'Visible' Bodies and Silenced 'Voices' as TEXTure for Dalit Women's Freedom," at Columbia University on October 16.
The conference, Caste and Contemporary India, was organized by the South Asia Institute at Columbia and featured established academicians and political analysts from all over the world.
Dr. Singh's paper was a theoretical analysis of the sexual vulnerability of young Dalit girls and the ways in which caste, patriarchy, and class get re-invoked repeatedly on these young unprotected bodies.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Class of 2016 to Graduate from St. John Fisher College Saturday
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher