Dr. Singh Presents at Caste and Contemporary India Conference
Dr. Roja Singh, who teaches in the Women and Gender Studies Program, presented her paper, "Critical-Constructive Narratives by Bama (Dalit Woman Writer): Interweaving Liberation of 'Visible' Bodies and Silenced 'Voices' as TEXTure for Dalit Women's Freedom," at Columbia University on October 16.
The conference, Caste and Contemporary India, was organized by the South Asia Institute at Columbia and featured established academicians and political analysts from all over the world.
Dr. Singh's paper was a theoretical analysis of the sexual vulnerability of young Dalit girls and the ways in which caste, patriarchy, and class get re-invoked repeatedly on these young unprotected bodies.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition