Dr. Singh Presents at Caste and Contemporary India Conference
Dr. Roja Singh, who teaches in the Women and Gender Studies Program, presented her paper, "Critical-Constructive Narratives by Bama (Dalit Woman Writer): Interweaving Liberation of 'Visible' Bodies and Silenced 'Voices' as TEXTure for Dalit Women's Freedom," at Columbia University on October 16.
The conference, Caste and Contemporary India, was organized by the South Asia Institute at Columbia and featured established academicians and political analysts from all over the world.
Dr. Singh's paper was a theoretical analysis of the sexual vulnerability of young Dalit girls and the ways in which caste, patriarchy, and class get re-invoked repeatedly on these young unprotected bodies.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations