Sport Studies Department Welcomes Director of Business Development for Cleveland Cavaliers
On Thursday, October 22, the Sport Studies Department will welcome Mike Behan, Director of Business Development for the Cleveland Cavaliers, to speak on campus. Behan is the latest professional to participate in the Sport Studies Speaker Series, which brings successful and active members of the sport industry to Fisher to speak with students, faculty, and staff. The event takes place during free period in Basil 135.
After graduating from LeMoyne College in 2005, Behan began his career as an inside sales representative for the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers. After spending eight months in that position, he was promoted to sales consultant. In this role, he was responsible for generating new revenue, as well as renewing more than $3 million of current business. After leading the organization in overall revenue during the 2006-2007 season, Behan was given the opportunity to manage the inside sales team. His responsibilities included recruiting, training, and developing 10 new sales team members. Due to a successful year, he was promoted to his current position as Director of Business Development. Behan focuses on developing the senior level sales team, and takes a leading role in all revenue initiatives, ranging from organizing sales campaigns to strategic development of new business opportunities.
The presentation is open to the entire Fisher campus. For more information, please contact Cheol Kessler at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program