Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
St. John Fisher College has been cited on the seventh annual list of "America’s Top Colleges" published by Forbes.com. Of the approximately 3,000 accredited colleges and universities in the United States, this report ranks 650 undergraduate institutions based on the quality of the education they provide and how much their students achieve.
Fisher was ranked number 481 out of the 650. Of those 650 schools, 62 are in New York State. The only other Rochester-area schools included on this list are the University of Rochester (61), Hobart and William Smith Colleges (160), SUNY Geneseo (269), and Rochester Institute of Technology (371). Fisher also ranked in several other Forbes Top Colleges sub-lists, including Best Private Colleges (ranked 328); Best Research Universities (ranked 182), and Best Colleges in the Northeast (ranked 164).
The rankings are compiled by the Center for College Affordability & Productivity (CCAP). The CCAP and Forbes use five general categories to rank each school, including student satisfaction, post-graduate success, student debt, four-year graduation rate, and academic success.
“As we prepare to welcome the 2nd largest incoming freshman class in the history of the College, as well as all of our returning upperclassmen, we are so pleased to receive this prestigious recognition from Forbes.com once again,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of the College. “This achievement is the result of the hard work and dedication of the entire campus community. Our faculty and staff are committed to providing a student-centered educational environment that will prepare our students to build lives, create careers, and serve the community.”
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee