Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
St. John Fisher College has been cited on the seventh annual list of "America’s Top Colleges" published by Forbes.com. Of the approximately 3,000 accredited colleges and universities in the United States, this report ranks 650 undergraduate institutions based on the quality of the education they provide and how much their students achieve.
Fisher was ranked number 481 out of the 650. Of those 650 schools, 62 are in New York State. The only other Rochester-area schools included on this list are the University of Rochester (61), Hobart and William Smith Colleges (160), SUNY Geneseo (269), and Rochester Institute of Technology (371). Fisher also ranked in several other Forbes Top Colleges sub-lists, including Best Private Colleges (ranked 328); Best Research Universities (ranked 182), and Best Colleges in the Northeast (ranked 164).
The rankings are compiled by the Center for College Affordability & Productivity (CCAP). The CCAP and Forbes use five general categories to rank each school, including student satisfaction, post-graduate success, student debt, four-year graduation rate, and academic success.
“As we prepare to welcome the 2nd largest incoming freshman class in the history of the College, as well as all of our returning upperclassmen, we are so pleased to receive this prestigious recognition from Forbes.com once again,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of the College. “This achievement is the result of the hard work and dedication of the entire campus community. Our faculty and staff are committed to providing a student-centered educational environment that will prepare our students to build lives, create careers, and serve the community.”
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year