Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
St. John Fisher College has been cited on the seventh annual list of "America’s Top Colleges" published by Forbes.com. Of the approximately 3,000 accredited colleges and universities in the United States, this report ranks 650 undergraduate institutions based on the quality of the education they provide and how much their students achieve.
Fisher was ranked number 481 out of the 650. Of those 650 schools, 62 are in New York State. The only other Rochester-area schools included on this list are the University of Rochester (61), Hobart and William Smith Colleges (160), SUNY Geneseo (269), and Rochester Institute of Technology (371). Fisher also ranked in several other Forbes Top Colleges sub-lists, including Best Private Colleges (ranked 328); Best Research Universities (ranked 182), and Best Colleges in the Northeast (ranked 164).
The rankings are compiled by the Center for College Affordability & Productivity (CCAP). The CCAP and Forbes use five general categories to rank each school, including student satisfaction, post-graduate success, student debt, four-year graduation rate, and academic success.
“As we prepare to welcome the 2nd largest incoming freshman class in the history of the College, as well as all of our returning upperclassmen, we are so pleased to receive this prestigious recognition from Forbes.com once again,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of the College. “This achievement is the result of the hard work and dedication of the entire campus community. Our faculty and staff are committed to providing a student-centered educational environment that will prepare our students to build lives, create careers, and serve the community.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice