Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
St. John Fisher College has been cited on the seventh annual list of "America’s Top Colleges" published by Forbes.com. Of the approximately 3,000 accredited colleges and universities in the United States, this report ranks 650 undergraduate institutions based on the quality of the education they provide and how much their students achieve.
Fisher was ranked number 481 out of the 650. Of those 650 schools, 62 are in New York State. The only other Rochester-area schools included on this list are the University of Rochester (61), Hobart and William Smith Colleges (160), SUNY Geneseo (269), and Rochester Institute of Technology (371). Fisher also ranked in several other Forbes Top Colleges sub-lists, including Best Private Colleges (ranked 328); Best Research Universities (ranked 182), and Best Colleges in the Northeast (ranked 164).
The rankings are compiled by the Center for College Affordability & Productivity (CCAP). The CCAP and Forbes use five general categories to rank each school, including student satisfaction, post-graduate success, student debt, four-year graduation rate, and academic success.
“As we prepare to welcome the 2nd largest incoming freshman class in the history of the College, as well as all of our returning upperclassmen, we are so pleased to receive this prestigious recognition from Forbes.com once again,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of the College. “This achievement is the result of the hard work and dedication of the entire campus community. Our faculty and staff are committed to providing a student-centered educational environment that will prepare our students to build lives, create careers, and serve the community.”
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Class of 2016 to Graduate from St. John Fisher College Saturday
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher