Fisher’s Philosophy Professor Charles Natoli to Talk on His New Book
PITTSFORD, April 15, 2005-Dr. Charles Natoli, Professor of Philosophy and Classical Studies at St. John Fisher College, will give a talk on his new book, Fire in the Dark: Essays on Pascal's Pensées and Provinciales, on Thursday, April 21, 2005, at 7:00 p.m. The talk, which is free and open to the public, will be held in the Hughes Rotunda in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Building.
The eight essays in Fire in the Dark look at Blaise Pascal's work on understanding the nature of God. Professor Natoli demonstrates the continuing relevance of Pascal's writings to current discussions on the philosophy of religion. Fire in the Dark is being published by the University of Rochester Press in April 2005.
This talk is also the first meeting of a new organization, the Diogenes Club. The purpose of this organization is to promote philosophical discussion that is accessible to the general public. For further details on the talk or the Diogenes Club, please contact Dr. Tim Madigan at (585) 385-5259.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year