Fisher’s Philosophy Professor Charles Natoli to Talk on His New Book
PITTSFORD, April 15, 2005-Dr. Charles Natoli, Professor of Philosophy and Classical Studies at St. John Fisher College, will give a talk on his new book, Fire in the Dark: Essays on Pascal's Pensées and Provinciales, on Thursday, April 21, 2005, at 7:00 p.m. The talk, which is free and open to the public, will be held in the Hughes Rotunda in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Building.
The eight essays in Fire in the Dark look at Blaise Pascal's work on understanding the nature of God. Professor Natoli demonstrates the continuing relevance of Pascal's writings to current discussions on the philosophy of religion. Fire in the Dark is being published by the University of Rochester Press in April 2005.
This talk is also the first meeting of a new organization, the Diogenes Club. The purpose of this organization is to promote philosophical discussion that is accessible to the general public. For further details on the talk or the Diogenes Club, please contact Dr. Tim Madigan at (585) 385-5259.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study