Fisher’s Philosophy Professor Charles Natoli to Talk on His New Book
PITTSFORD, April 15, 2005-Dr. Charles Natoli, Professor of Philosophy and Classical Studies at St. John Fisher College, will give a talk on his new book, Fire in the Dark: Essays on Pascal's Pensées and Provinciales, on Thursday, April 21, 2005, at 7:00 p.m. The talk, which is free and open to the public, will be held in the Hughes Rotunda in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Building.
The eight essays in Fire in the Dark look at Blaise Pascal's work on understanding the nature of God. Professor Natoli demonstrates the continuing relevance of Pascal's writings to current discussions on the philosophy of religion. Fire in the Dark is being published by the University of Rochester Press in April 2005.
This talk is also the first meeting of a new organization, the Diogenes Club. The purpose of this organization is to promote philosophical discussion that is accessible to the general public. For further details on the talk or the Diogenes Club, please contact Dr. Tim Madigan at (585) 385-5259.
Latest College News Stories
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members