MacCammon to Participate in Sustainability Conference at Cornell University
This year, the Sustainable and Organic Gardening in a Warmer World Conference will be getting some seeds of knowledge from a member of the Fisher faculty. Dr. Linda MacCammon, Director of the Ethics Minor Program, will be participating in the conference, which will be held at Cornell University on October 5.
MacCammon will discuss the ethics of sustainability and the role of gardeners as stewards, educators, and environmental advocates for a sustainable future. Two break-out sessions of MacCammon’s presentation will be offered at 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The conference is sponsored by the Cornell Cooperative Extension, and is specifically designed to bring together Master Gardener Volunteers and Horticulture Educators of New York State.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation