MacCammon to Participate in Sustainability Conference at Cornell University
This year, the Sustainable and Organic Gardening in a Warmer World Conference will be getting some seeds of knowledge from a member of the Fisher faculty. Dr. Linda MacCammon, Director of the Ethics Minor Program, will be participating in the conference, which will be held at Cornell University on October 5.
MacCammon will discuss the ethics of sustainability and the role of gardeners as stewards, educators, and environmental advocates for a sustainable future. Two break-out sessions of MacCammon’s presentation will be offered at 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The conference is sponsored by the Cornell Cooperative Extension, and is specifically designed to bring together Master Gardener Volunteers and Horticulture Educators of New York State.
Latest College News Stories
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff