Webb Hired as Fisher’s Rowing Coach
St. John Fisher College announced today that it has hired Tom Webb to be the coach of its newest athletic programs, men's and women's rowing.
For the past two seasons, Webb has served as the head coach of the SUNY Geneseo Crew Club, where he led the squad to a fifth-place showing at the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta. Prior to Geneseo, he served as the co-head coach for Skidmore Community Rowing in the fall of 2008. During that time, the Rochester native also served as athletics intern with the Skidmore College crew team.
Webb also has experience working with Pittsford Crew, the home team of Fisher's training location, the Pittsford Indoor Rowing Center. During the 2009-10 season, he served as the men's and women's assistant coach and the following season took over as the men's head coach.
Webb's knowledge also spans beyond his coaching experience, as he was a three-year letter-winner with the University of Wisconsin-Madison crew team. With the Division I university, Webb placed third at the EARC Sprints League Championship in 2003, and fifth at the IRA National Championship that same year.
A graduate of Brighton High School, he was a standout in both rowing and swimming. As a rower, he was invited to attend the 2001 Junior National Team Selection Camp and placed fifth at the men's Junior Four with Cox at the U.S. Junior National Team Trials. A four-year member of the varsity swim team, he set records in the 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard butterfly, 200-yard medley and the 100-yard backstroke. He was also selected for the 2002 Section V New York State Championship Team.
A member of U.S. Rowing, Webb resides in Rochester and will be continuing his work with Pittsford Crew, serving as the men's co-head coach for the junior rowing program.
Latest College News Stories
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico