Webb Hired as Fisher’s Rowing Coach
St. John Fisher College announced today that it has hired Tom Webb to be the coach of its newest athletic programs, men's and women's rowing.
For the past two seasons, Webb has served as the head coach of the SUNY Geneseo Crew Club, where he led the squad to a fifth-place showing at the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta. Prior to Geneseo, he served as the co-head coach for Skidmore Community Rowing in the fall of 2008. During that time, the Rochester native also served as athletics intern with the Skidmore College crew team.
Webb also has experience working with Pittsford Crew, the home team of Fisher's training location, the Pittsford Indoor Rowing Center. During the 2009-10 season, he served as the men's and women's assistant coach and the following season took over as the men's head coach.
Webb's knowledge also spans beyond his coaching experience, as he was a three-year letter-winner with the University of Wisconsin-Madison crew team. With the Division I university, Webb placed third at the EARC Sprints League Championship in 2003, and fifth at the IRA National Championship that same year.
A graduate of Brighton High School, he was a standout in both rowing and swimming. As a rower, he was invited to attend the 2001 Junior National Team Selection Camp and placed fifth at the men's Junior Four with Cox at the U.S. Junior National Team Trials. A four-year member of the varsity swim team, he set records in the 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard butterfly, 200-yard medley and the 100-yard backstroke. He was also selected for the 2002 Section V New York State Championship Team.
A member of U.S. Rowing, Webb resides in Rochester and will be continuing his work with Pittsford Crew, serving as the men's co-head coach for the junior rowing program.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website