Webb Hired as Fisher’s Rowing Coach
St. John Fisher College announced today that it has hired Tom Webb to be the coach of its newest athletic programs, men's and women's rowing.
For the past two seasons, Webb has served as the head coach of the SUNY Geneseo Crew Club, where he led the squad to a fifth-place showing at the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta. Prior to Geneseo, he served as the co-head coach for Skidmore Community Rowing in the fall of 2008. During that time, the Rochester native also served as athletics intern with the Skidmore College crew team.
Webb also has experience working with Pittsford Crew, the home team of Fisher's training location, the Pittsford Indoor Rowing Center. During the 2009-10 season, he served as the men's and women's assistant coach and the following season took over as the men's head coach.
Webb's knowledge also spans beyond his coaching experience, as he was a three-year letter-winner with the University of Wisconsin-Madison crew team. With the Division I university, Webb placed third at the EARC Sprints League Championship in 2003, and fifth at the IRA National Championship that same year.
A graduate of Brighton High School, he was a standout in both rowing and swimming. As a rower, he was invited to attend the 2001 Junior National Team Selection Camp and placed fifth at the men's Junior Four with Cox at the U.S. Junior National Team Trials. A four-year member of the varsity swim team, he set records in the 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard butterfly, 200-yard medley and the 100-yard backstroke. He was also selected for the 2002 Section V New York State Championship Team.
A member of U.S. Rowing, Webb resides in Rochester and will be continuing his work with Pittsford Crew, serving as the men's co-head coach for the junior rowing program.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Faculty Participate in Cost of Poverty Experience
- Buffalo Bills Release 2015 Training Camp Schedule
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference