2011 Day of Celebration
This Saturday, December 3, will mark the 12th Annual Day of Celebration, hosted by the St. John Fisher College Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs and the Office of Campus Life.
The all-day, campus-wide festival will showcase holiday celebrations from various races, cultures, ethnicities, and traditions. These observations include Kwanzaa, Three Kings, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration is the Native American culture.
Festivities will include a cultural marketplace area and stage in Kearney Hall’s Cleary Family Auditorium from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m., featuring dance, music, displays, food, and “make it and take it” arts and crafts. The marketplace is free and open to the public.
The day will conclude with the Kwanzaa Karamu (Dinner) Celebration from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage, a ticketed event. Tickets cost $12 (student meal equivalency,) and $6 for children under 12. They will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and there are 90 seats available. Special thanks to the Black Student Union for their generous donation to defray the cost of the dinner to Fisher Students.
The Day of Celebration is also supported through the co-sponsorship of several departments and student organizations, including: Arts In Motion, Asian Student Union, Black Student Union, Campus Life, Campus Ministry, Class of 2012, Class of 2013, Class of 2014, Class of 2015, Commuter Council, First Generation Scholars, Fisher Gay Straight Alliance, Lackmann Dining Services, Latino Student Union, Marketing Club, Measure 13, Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, Muslim Student Association, Residential Life, Resident Student Association, Safety and Security, Service Scholars, Sustained Dialogue, Student Activities Board, Student Government Association, Students of Multicultural Affairs, Wegmans, and Vice President for Student Affairs and Diversity Initiatives.
Tickets for the Kwanzaa Karamu (Dinner) Celebration can be purchased by contacting the Office of Multicultural and Diversity Programs at (585) 385-8378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Inaugural Campus Convocation Generates Conversations about Campus Mission
- Wes Renfro Delivers Convocation at Alma Mater
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers