Sarachan Presents at International Games Innovation Conference
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism and Director of the Digital Cultures and Technologies Program, presented a paper at the International Games Innovation Conference, which took place September 7-9 at the Strong Museum in Rochester.
Sarachan's paper, "Virtual Floortime: Using Games to Engage Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder,” presented a framework and rationale for the creation of a game-building workshop for children with high-functioning Autism and Asperger's that is based around their own specific interests and is grounded in DIR (Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-based)/Floortime therapeutic models. The paper was part of a panel on educational games.
The International Games Innovation Conference is a platform for disseminating peer-reviewed papers that describe innovative research and development of game technologies, and includes lectures by internationally recognized speakers. The conference, in its fourth year, was co-hosted by the Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Interactive Games and Media.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation