Sarachan Presents at International Games Innovation Conference
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism and Director of the Digital Cultures and Technologies Program, presented a paper at the International Games Innovation Conference, which took place September 7-9 at the Strong Museum in Rochester.
Sarachan's paper, "Virtual Floortime: Using Games to Engage Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder,” presented a framework and rationale for the creation of a game-building workshop for children with high-functioning Autism and Asperger's that is based around their own specific interests and is grounded in DIR (Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-based)/Floortime therapeutic models. The paper was part of a panel on educational games.
The International Games Innovation Conference is a platform for disseminating peer-reviewed papers that describe innovative research and development of game technologies, and includes lectures by internationally recognized speakers. The conference, in its fourth year, was co-hosted by the Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Interactive Games and Media.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference