Sarachan Presents at International Games Innovation Conference
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism and Director of the Digital Cultures and Technologies Program, presented a paper at the International Games Innovation Conference, which took place September 7-9 at the Strong Museum in Rochester.
Sarachan's paper, "Virtual Floortime: Using Games to Engage Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder,” presented a framework and rationale for the creation of a game-building workshop for children with high-functioning Autism and Asperger's that is based around their own specific interests and is grounded in DIR (Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-based)/Floortime therapeutic models. The paper was part of a panel on educational games.
The International Games Innovation Conference is a platform for disseminating peer-reviewed papers that describe innovative research and development of game technologies, and includes lectures by internationally recognized speakers. The conference, in its fourth year, was co-hosted by the Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Interactive Games and Media.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant