Sarachan Presents at International Games Innovation Conference
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism and Director of the Digital Cultures and Technologies Program, presented a paper at the International Games Innovation Conference, which took place September 7-9 at the Strong Museum in Rochester.
Sarachan's paper, "Virtual Floortime: Using Games to Engage Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder,” presented a framework and rationale for the creation of a game-building workshop for children with high-functioning Autism and Asperger's that is based around their own specific interests and is grounded in DIR (Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-based)/Floortime therapeutic models. The paper was part of a panel on educational games.
The International Games Innovation Conference is a platform for disseminating peer-reviewed papers that describe innovative research and development of game technologies, and includes lectures by internationally recognized speakers. The conference, in its fourth year, was co-hosted by the Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Interactive Games and Media.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program