Scholarship Golf Tournament Celebrates 25 Years, Raises $125,000
St. John Fisher College hosted the 25th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament, honoring Father Charles Lavery and Father Joseph Dorsey, on Monday, June 9. The tournament attracted 30 foursomes to Oak Hill Country Club.
The tournament, presented by The Theodore and Cashmere M. Mendick Foundation, raised $125,000. Golfers received polo shirts with the new Scholarship Golf Tournament logo and baseball caps featuring the Fisher Cardinal. The tournament’s silent auction featured a variety of great items, including a chance at four tickets to the Syracuse v. Duke game, and autographed Buffalo Bills items from CJ Spiller, EJ Manuel, and rookie Sammy Watkins. One lucky bidder also had a chance to bid on a home-cooked meal by Fisher’s own Executive Chef, Joel Kraft.
Tournament co-chairs were Marty Moll, Jr. '82, Ken McAlpin '77, and Lauren Burns '82. Moll has been in the role since the tournament began.
Father Lavery served as President of Fisher from 1958-1980, and Father Dorsey was a longtime member of the College's senior administration. Since the tournament began in 1982, it has raised over $1,000,000 that has been used to fund student scholarships for the College.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative