Scholarship Golf Tournament Celebrates 25 Years, Raises $125,000
St. John Fisher College hosted the 25th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament, honoring Father Charles Lavery and Father Joseph Dorsey, on Monday, June 9. The tournament attracted 30 foursomes to Oak Hill Country Club.
The tournament, presented by The Theodore and Cashmere M. Mendick Foundation, raised $125,000. Golfers received polo shirts with the new Scholarship Golf Tournament logo and baseball caps featuring the Fisher Cardinal. The tournament’s silent auction featured a variety of great items, including a chance at four tickets to the Syracuse v. Duke game, and autographed Buffalo Bills items from CJ Spiller, EJ Manuel, and rookie Sammy Watkins. One lucky bidder also had a chance to bid on a home-cooked meal by Fisher’s own Executive Chef, Joel Kraft.
Tournament co-chairs were Marty Moll, Jr. '82, Ken McAlpin '77, and Lauren Burns '82. Moll has been in the role since the tournament began.
Father Lavery served as President of Fisher from 1958-1980, and Father Dorsey was a longtime member of the College's senior administration. Since the tournament began in 1982, it has raised over $1,000,000 that has been used to fund student scholarships for the College.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems