Irish Studies Program to Host Annual Lecture; Reflect on Dublin Lockout
The St. John Fisher College Irish Studies Program and the Rochester chapter of the Irish-American Cultural Institute (IACI) will co-sponsor the annual Bob Kelly Memorial on Thursday, October 24, to mark the centennial of an event known as the Dublin Lockout. The event takes place at 7:00 p.m. in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel.
This little-known (but significant) event in Irish history will be explored with a historical talk by Dr. John O’Sullivan. Musical selections by the Irish musical duo, Barry’s Crossing, will represent the lockout and other historical events. The Kelly Memorial Lecture is presented in memory of a co-founder of the local chapter.
This event is part of an ongoing series co-sponsored by Fisher’s Irish Studies Program and the IACI, a national organization devoted to promoting an intelligent appreciation of Ireland and the role and contributions of the Irish in America.
IACI members and Fisher students, faculty, and staff may attend the event for free, and general public admission is $10.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video