Norsen Honored as Senior Scholar Athlete
St. John Fisher College's basketball center, Jason Norsen '13, has been named a 2012-2013 Empire 8 Senior Scholar-Athlete Award winner, based on a vote by the conference faculty athletic representatives. The award honors one male and one female student-athlete who best exemplify what it means to be a dedicated scholar and athlete over the course of their collegiate careers.
Norsen concluded his career at Fisher as the College's all-time leader in blocks, racking up 221 over his four years, while also posting a 61.9 career field goal percentage. He became the 20th Cardinal to reach 1,000 points, and ranks 13th on the scoring chart with 1,083 points.
The 6-foot-6 center is a three-time Empire 8 All-Conference selection and was named to the D3hoops.com All-Region Second Team, Division III ECAC Upstate First Team, and the NABC East District Second Team during his senior campaign.
“Jason’s attitude, leadership, and dedication have created a deep impression on all of his teammates, prospective recruits and coaches”, said Fisher Head Men’s Basketball Coach Rob Kornaker. “He is one of the finest young men to ever come through our basketball program, and his outstanding qualities have set the expectation for future players both on and off the court.”
Norsen carries a 3.91 grade point average and will graduate in May 2013 with a degree in Accounting. He is a two-time Capital One Academic All-American and was one of 10 finalists for the prestigious Jostens Trophy for 2012-13. Norsen has been a member of the Dean’s List and the Empire 8 President’s List during all seven completed semesters.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations