Norsen Honored as Senior Scholar Athlete
St. John Fisher College's basketball center, Jason Norsen '13, has been named a 2012-2013 Empire 8 Senior Scholar-Athlete Award winner, based on a vote by the conference faculty athletic representatives. The award honors one male and one female student-athlete who best exemplify what it means to be a dedicated scholar and athlete over the course of their collegiate careers.
Norsen concluded his career at Fisher as the College's all-time leader in blocks, racking up 221 over his four years, while also posting a 61.9 career field goal percentage. He became the 20th Cardinal to reach 1,000 points, and ranks 13th on the scoring chart with 1,083 points.
The 6-foot-6 center is a three-time Empire 8 All-Conference selection and was named to the D3hoops.com All-Region Second Team, Division III ECAC Upstate First Team, and the NABC East District Second Team during his senior campaign.
“Jason’s attitude, leadership, and dedication have created a deep impression on all of his teammates, prospective recruits and coaches”, said Fisher Head Men’s Basketball Coach Rob Kornaker. “He is one of the finest young men to ever come through our basketball program, and his outstanding qualities have set the expectation for future players both on and off the court.”
Norsen carries a 3.91 grade point average and will graduate in May 2013 with a degree in Accounting. He is a two-time Capital One Academic All-American and was one of 10 finalists for the prestigious Jostens Trophy for 2012-13. Norsen has been a member of the Dean’s List and the Empire 8 President’s List during all seven completed semesters.
Latest College News Stories
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award