Biology Department Announces Campus Chapter of Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society
The St. John Fisher College Biology Department has announced a newly formed campus chapter of the Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society. The chapter, Upsilon Rho, was officially installed on Monday, April 1, by Dr. Steven Ropski, National TriBeta Advisory from Gannon University.
The inaugural class is made up of 45 biology students, and many of the department’s faculty and staff were also honored as graduate members. Dr. Noveera Ahmed, Assistant Professor, will serve as the chapter’s faculty advisor.
“We are looking forward to having TriBeta become an active group on campus that will promote and recognize undergraduate research and student success,” said Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor and Interim Department Chair.
TriBeta was founded in 1922 and provides opportunities for members to receive small research grants, present their research at national and regional scientific meetings, and publish in the Society’s peer-reviewed journal, BIOS.
Biology seniors inducted into the chapter.
TriBeta inaugural class.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced