Biology Department Announces Campus Chapter of Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society
The St. John Fisher College Biology Department has announced a newly formed campus chapter of the Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society. The chapter, Upsilon Rho, was officially installed on Monday, April 1, by Dr. Steven Ropski, National TriBeta Advisory from Gannon University.
The inaugural class is made up of 45 biology students, and many of the department’s faculty and staff were also honored as graduate members. Dr. Noveera Ahmed, Assistant Professor, will serve as the chapter’s faculty advisor.
“We are looking forward to having TriBeta become an active group on campus that will promote and recognize undergraduate research and student success,” said Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor and Interim Department Chair.
TriBeta was founded in 1922 and provides opportunities for members to receive small research grants, present their research at national and regional scientific meetings, and publish in the Society’s peer-reviewed journal, BIOS.
Biology seniors inducted into the chapter.
TriBeta inaugural class.
Latest College News Stories
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course