Human Resources Management Degree Program Meets SHRM Requirements; Renews with Society for Two Years
The St. John Fisher College Human Resources Management (HRM) degree program has once again met the requirements of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) curriculum guidelines, earning the program the Society’s endorsement for another two years.
SHRM looks for programs with a curriculum that aligns with the recommended requirements for HR degree programs as outlined in the SHRM HR Curriculum Guidebook, established by the society in 2005.
“This endorsement provides evidence that Fisher’s HR requirements once again align with the everyday professional needs of the HR practitioner,” said Dr. Bob Costigan, Professor of Management and one of the lead faculty in the HRM program. “Not only is the Fisher business school accredited by AACSB but our HRM courses, in particular, continue to meet the curricular standards of the best HR professional organization. This is something we should all be very proud of.”
SHRM is the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 250,000 members in over 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India, and the United Arab Emirates.
Latest College News Stories
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program