Human Resources Management Degree Program Meets SHRM Requirements; Renews with Society for Two Years
The St. John Fisher College Human Resources Management (HRM) degree program has once again met the requirements of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) curriculum guidelines, earning the program the Society’s endorsement for another two years.
SHRM looks for programs with a curriculum that aligns with the recommended requirements for HR degree programs as outlined in the SHRM HR Curriculum Guidebook, established by the society in 2005.
“This endorsement provides evidence that Fisher’s HR requirements once again align with the everyday professional needs of the HR practitioner,” said Dr. Bob Costigan, Professor of Management and one of the lead faculty in the HRM program. “Not only is the Fisher business school accredited by AACSB but our HRM courses, in particular, continue to meet the curricular standards of the best HR professional organization. This is something we should all be very proud of.”
SHRM is the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 250,000 members in over 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India, and the United Arab Emirates.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation