Joint Grant Award to Fund Student Research
The Biology Department was recently awarded a 2012 Center for Imaging Science (CIS) Research Micro-Grant, in the amount of $5,150.00, from the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) that will fund joint research between Fisher students and RIT students. The grant was established by RIT to promote new, interdisciplinary collaborations.
Dr. Fernando Ontiveros, Assistant Professor of Biology, and Dr. Maria Helguera, Associate Professor of Biology at CIS, will oversee the research project. Students will use the grant to explore the use of ultrasound frequencies to enhance the transdermal delivery of lipid-based nanoparticles. The research will begin in summer 2013.
“Drawing from Dr. Helguera’s expertise in ultrasound tissue characterization, and Dr. Ontiveros’ training in cellular and animal models and controlled-release technologies, the project will involve students in cutting-edge research that seeks more effective ways to deliver preventive and/or therapeutic treatments to patients in the not-so-distant future,” said Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor and Interim Chair of Biology.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program