Students Compete in Mock Trial
St. John Fisher College’s Mock Trial Team competed in the American Mock Trial Association Regional Tournament on February 23-24 at Buffalo State College.
Students Katherine Lennon, Jennifer Coleman, Bridget Alberts, Robert Connor, Michael Cunliffe, Travis Butchello, and Michael Montemalo competed on this year’s team. Three Fisher alums, John and Tony Laduca and David Pilato of Laduca Law Firm, served as the team coaches. Jane Snyder, adjunct faculty member, also coached and advised the team. The team was also aided by numerous Justinian Alumni of the College.
The students competed against Penn State in the first round, and then went on to meet another large competitor, Michigan State University. According to Snyder, Fisher lost to Michigan by less than ten points from both judges, demonstrating how strong the team has become.
Snyder also said that this was only Fisher’s third year competing in the regional tournament against schools that have competed since the beginning of the organization’s existence.
“The fact that Fisher came so close to beating these older, more experienced, and highly ranked teams is proof that the Mock Trial Program here is growing rapidly,” she said. “It’ll be hard to predict anything other than Fisher going on for a title next year and moving onto the national tournament.”
Prior to the regional tournament, the team also competed in tournaments at University at Buffalo and University of Rochester.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference