2012 Day of Celebration Honors Indian Culture
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed over 330 attendees to this past weekend’s 13th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Indian culture. Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. In addition, many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Indian heritage. Some of the performers included the Bollywood Dance Mania, Arts in Motion, Measure 13, Lori Nolasco, Bonnie Abrams, Panama Dance Group, Frances Hare, Odasz Dance Theatre/Western New York Ballet, and more.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, the Office of Campus Life, and the many student organizations and department co-sponsors.
Student co-chairs Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin.
Measure 13 performs.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office
- Fisher Students Make Strides