2012 Day of Celebration Honors Indian Culture
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed over 330 attendees to this past weekend’s 13th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Indian culture. Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. In addition, many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Indian heritage. Some of the performers included the Bollywood Dance Mania, Arts in Motion, Measure 13, Lori Nolasco, Bonnie Abrams, Panama Dance Group, Frances Hare, Odasz Dance Theatre/Western New York Ballet, and more.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, the Office of Campus Life, and the many student organizations and department co-sponsors.
Student co-chairs Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin.
Measure 13 performs.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades