2012 Day of Celebration Honors Indian Culture
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed over 330 attendees to this past weekend’s 13th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Indian culture. Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. In addition, many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Indian heritage. Some of the performers included the Bollywood Dance Mania, Arts in Motion, Measure 13, Lori Nolasco, Bonnie Abrams, Panama Dance Group, Frances Hare, Odasz Dance Theatre/Western New York Ballet, and more.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, the Office of Campus Life, and the many student organizations and department co-sponsors.
Student co-chairs Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin.
Measure 13 performs.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation