2012 Day of Celebration Honors Indian Culture
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed over 330 attendees to this past weekend’s 13th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Indian culture. Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. In addition, many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Indian heritage. Some of the performers included the Bollywood Dance Mania, Arts in Motion, Measure 13, Lori Nolasco, Bonnie Abrams, Panama Dance Group, Frances Hare, Odasz Dance Theatre/Western New York Ballet, and more.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, the Office of Campus Life, and the many student organizations and department co-sponsors.
Student co-chairs Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin.
Measure 13 performs.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference