2012 Day of Celebration Honors Indian Culture
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed over 330 attendees to this past weekend’s 13th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Indian culture. Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. In addition, many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Indian heritage. Some of the performers included the Bollywood Dance Mania, Arts in Motion, Measure 13, Lori Nolasco, Bonnie Abrams, Panama Dance Group, Frances Hare, Odasz Dance Theatre/Western New York Ballet, and more.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, the Office of Campus Life, and the many student organizations and department co-sponsors.
Student co-chairs Mohammad Bawany and Kaelen Austin.
Measure 13 performs.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice