Gantner to Chair Mathematical Association of America’s Seaway Section
Dr. Ryan Gantner, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, was recently appointed as Chair of the Mathematical Association of America's (MAA) Seaway Section at the association’s spring meeting which was held at Buffalo State College.
Gantner was named to the position of Chair-elect, which he will hold for one year before becoming Chair of the section. The Seaway Section of the MAA includes upstate New York, most of Ontario, and all of Quebec with prestigious math programs including those at Cornell University, the University of Toronto, and the University of Waterloo, along with many schools with excellent teaching programs at the undergraduate level. Gantner has served as Program Chair and First Vice Chair for the past two years, and as Student Program Chair prior to that.
The MAA is the largest professional society that focuses on mathematics accessible at the undergraduate level.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice