Gantner to Chair Mathematical Association of America’s Seaway Section
Dr. Ryan Gantner, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, was recently appointed as Chair of the Mathematical Association of America's (MAA) Seaway Section at the association’s spring meeting which was held at Buffalo State College.
Gantner was named to the position of Chair-elect, which he will hold for one year before becoming Chair of the section. The Seaway Section of the MAA includes upstate New York, most of Ontario, and all of Quebec with prestigious math programs including those at Cornell University, the University of Toronto, and the University of Waterloo, along with many schools with excellent teaching programs at the undergraduate level. Gantner has served as Program Chair and First Vice Chair for the past two years, and as Student Program Chair prior to that.
The MAA is the largest professional society that focuses on mathematics accessible at the undergraduate level.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems