Learning Communities/RW 199
Students can bring paper drafts to tutorials. However, there are many other writing and research tasks that are appropriate for a WC tutorial. We can assist you with:
- Understanding an assignment
- Finding scholarly sources (using appropriate search engines)
- Comprehending scholarly sources
- Navigating library resources
- Forming a thesis
- Generating topic sentences
- Writing organized and coherent summaries/responses/papers
- Using MLA/APA/Chicago Style citations
- Creating bibliographies/annotated bibliographies
- Checking for correct grammar
- Revising papers for final portfolios
- Writing cover letters for final portfolios
Note: You may bring writing tasks from any of your current classes, not just ENGL 101 or RW 199.
Note: Two or more of these tasks may be combined in order to ensure that the tutorial makes full use of the thirty-minute time slot.