Event Scheduling Policies
The following policies have been adopted to facilitate the best possible use of facilities. Should exceptions to these policies be required, please contact the Reservations Coordinator at email@example.com.
- All details of a reservation must be completed on a Facilities Request Application form before any space or equipment will be committed. A reservation is completed only after it has been confirmed by the Reservations Department.
- A minimum advance notice of two working days is needed for most reservations.
- Any reservations requiring AV services or Food Service must be completed ten full working days in advance.
- All food and beverage orders must be catered by Dining Services, unless otherwise approved. Exceptions must be cleared by General Manager of Dining Services.
- Organizations/individuals must cancel a reserved space that will not be used at least 24 hours in advance.
- All scheduled events must end at least on half-hour before the building closes in order to permit clean-up by the sponsoring organization.
- The distribution of leaflets, handbills, samples, and other types of materials may take place only in a reserved area. When the distribution is over, the organization/individual is responsible for picking up any of the materials thrown on the floors throughout the room or building.
- It may be necessary to relocate a function in order to best use the facilities available. If this is necessary, all parties will be notified as far in advance as possible.
- Technical service, complex set-ups, and food services may involve direct charges to the organization/individual placing the reservation.
- Persons using space are responsible for leaving the room in a neat and orderly state. Persons who leave a disorderly room will be liable for a service charge for resetting the room in addition to any normal charges that would be applicable. Continual misuse of facilities may result in a restriction of reservation privileges.
- Nothing may be sold and no funds may be solicited at unreserved locations.
- Provisions must be made for the safety of persons attending an event on College property. It is the organization/individual’s responsibility to make sure that safety regulations required by the College are met. The College reserves the right to approve all physical arrangements for safety.
- Use of St. John Fisher College facilities does not imply an endorsement of an organization, its events, or its objects by the College.
- All activities must be in complete accordance with all federal, state, and local statues and must be in accordance with all College regulations as described in the College Handbook.
*Non-collegiate groups may be required to provide evidence of adequate insurance coverage.