Help Topic Detail
OIT provides telephone services across campus. In residence halls, each floor is equipped with an emergency phone; Resident Assistants also have telephone service wired to their rooms.
Blue Light emergency phones are available across campus. If emergency assistance is needed, look for the phones along campus walkways and in campus parking lots.
Finally, all faculty and staff offices are equipped with telephones and voicemail service. To access your voicemail box from off campus dial (585) 385-8181. Should you have questions about either of these services, you can contact the OIT Help Desk.
Cisco Unity Voicemail
Unity voicemail provides integration with our email system. All voicemail messages will be delivered to your email inbox with an audio attachment, allowing you to listen to them from your email inbox. Please refer to the Unity Voicemail Guide for help with setup, password, alternate greeting, and more.
How do I access my voicemail from off campus:
- Call (585) 385-8181 and press * during the auto attendant message.
- Enter your extension number followed by the #.
- Enter your password followed by the #.
How do I fix? When listening to a voicemail message, the message is extremely slow:
- You can change the speed of the message; press 6 to speed up and 4 to slow down.
I am locked out of my voicemail:
- Unity allows 5 password attempts and will lock the account for 5 minutes.
- If your account is locked, wait 5 minutes and try again.
- If you continue to have trouble with your password contact the OIT Help Desk 585.385.8016.
I have listened to my voicemail messages and the message light is still on?
- Turn off red light -Enter/Dial extension 3432 to reset the light.
How do I delete a voicemail message from the phone?
- When listening to the message press 3 to delete the message.
How do I forward calls to voicemail?
- Forward phones to extension 3430.
- Additionally, to listen to your voicemail messages from campus, press the Messages button on your phone or call 8181 and press *.
How to transfer directly to voicemail? (blind transfer)
- While on a call, ask caller to hold while you transfer the call.
- Press the Transfer button on the phone.
- Press the Message button to call the Cisco Unity System.
- During the Unity greeting, press #, go to the Opening Greetings.
- During the Opening Greeting, dial the destination extension and press transfer.
Can I recover deleted voice mail messages?
Outlook stores deleted items up to 30 days. These steps can be used to recover voice mail and email messages.
- From Outlook, click on the Folder tab. Within the Clean Up group, click on Recover Deleted Items.
- From the Recover Deleted Items window, select the message you want to recover and click on the Recover Selected Items icon. The message will be moved to your inbox.