Help Topic Detail
Online Archive Email Feature
The Online Archive (Faculty/Staff Email) allows you to access older emails from your office computer and webmail. It stores important messages long-term, since there is no expiration date on mail stored in the Online Archive.
Messages that are 2 years or older will be automatically moved into your new Online Archive, retaining the same file structure as your inbox. Email that is newer than 2 years, will remain in your Inbox.
Online Archive Best Practices:
• Deleting unnecessary messages is always preferred over storing messages.
• Every 24 hours Exchange will search for mail older than 2 years and move it automatically for you.
• You can manually select any "younger mail" and move it down to the existing folders or you can create a new folder in your Online Archive.
• You can drop and drag any messages you want into the online archive.
• Auto-Archive Feature within Outlook 2013 will no longer function