Help Topic Detail
Establishing a VPN connection to the SJFC network
Establishing a VPN connection allows your home PC access to the SJFC network. It is a secure, encrypted connection to assure privacy over the internet. Once the VPN connection is established, your home PC will have access to your P:\ drive as well as other campus resources. It will work as if it were plugged in directly on campus.
The attached documents will provide instructions on how to set up a VPN connection. After you have established a VPN connection, you can connect to your work computer using Remote Desktop and/or to access your P:\ drive.
P:\ Drive Instructions:
- Open Computer and in the address bar enter: \\citadel\Faculty(staff)\First initial\lastname and press Enter. i.e., \\citadel\staff\J\doe
Note: VPN access is available for faculty/staff with the approval of department chair and/or supervisor.
All Related Documents:
- Instructions for Windows 8 [pdf]
- Instructions for Windows 7 [pdf]
- Instructions for Windows Vista [pdf]
- Instructions for Windows XP [pdf]
- Instructions for Mac OS [pdf]