Summer Computer Updates
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will be upgrading the PC computer labs and ITECs to Microsoft Office 2013 for the fall semester.
Microsoft Office 2013 has been available for two years and students have not been able to purchase Microsoft Office 2010 since Microsoft Office 2013 was released. Mac lab computers will remain on Microsoft Office 2011. There are many resources available for learning about Microsoft Office 2013:
- Atomic Learning- Access through http://my.sjfc.edu
New office PCs that are installed by OIT will have Microsoft Office 2013. Faculty and staff can request to have Microsoft Office upgraded to Microsoft Office 2013 if they are still using Microsoft Office 2010 on their College provided PC. If you would like your College computer upgraded to Office 2013, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Files created in Office 2013 can be opened and edited by users in Office 2010.
Microsoft Work @ Home
Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus can be purchased at a significant discount ($9.95) for your home PC through JourneyEd. Please note that the cost for Microsoft Office 2013 is only the cost for the media/download since the license is included as part of our campus agreement.
Office for Students
New this fall, all Fisher students will be able to download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 365 (2013) at no cost. More details about this offering will be announced closer to the start of fall semester.
Additional Computer Lab Software
If your fall courses require specialized software to be installed in the computer labs, please contact the Help Desk at HelpDesk@sjfc.edu by July 1 with the software information so the academic computing team can verify compatibility and licensing. Software requests after July 1 may not be included on the lab image for the fall semester.
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article