Healthy U Hub
Wellness Program at St. John Fisher College
St. John Fisher College values the wellbeing of each individual faculty and staff member. The wellness program, "Healthy U," is committed to encouraging employees to make personal choices that promote optimal health and to creating a culture of total wellness.
It is the mission of the St. John Fisher College Healthy U program to provide a variety of opportunities designed to encourage personal growth in the area of total wellness. St. John Fisher College will recognize its employees' diverse needs and interests by promoting educational programming, events, activities, resources and the use of facilities in areas such as fitness, nutrition and general health.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, beginning on June 3 at 11:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
- All dates in COP except July 8, 10, 15 & 17 and August 26 & 28 – meet in NURS 309
- No Classes July 1 or July 3
Eat Well, Live Well 2014
The Eat Well, Live Well Challenge for 2014 begins on April 6th. There is still plenty of time to sign up and get on a team. Please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Here are some helpful resources for the entire campus community to use, long after the Eat Well, Live Well challenge is over. We hope these guides will help you continue to eat well and live even better!
- What Counts as a Cup? [pdf]
- Eat a Rainbow Every Day [pdf]
- Build a Better Salad [pdf]
- Daily Meal Template [pdf]
- Step Conversion Chart [pdf]
- 100 Ways to Add 2000 Steps [pdf]
- 100 Ways to Eat Healthier [pdf]
- Portion Control Wallet Guide
Links for Wellness and Nutrition
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
Please submit recipes to our suggestion box, we will be featuring an employee "recipe of the month."
2014 Corporate Challenge
From Desk Chair to Corporate Challenge; Fisher Team Finds Success
Members of the St. John Fisher College community represented the College well at this year’s J.P. Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge held at the Rochester Institute of Technology on May 29. Over 85 faculty and staff participants joined the crowd of nearly 11,000 runners and walkers from 460 companies and organizations. This year’s Fisher team was the largest one yet.