The College currently sponsors retirement programs with TIAA-CREF funds and First Mercantile. You can only be enrolled in one program at a time.
The Maximum Contributions to a 403b account for 2013 will be:
- $17,500 if you are under age 50
- $23,000 if you are 50 years of age and older
Salary Reduction Agreements are available by clicking the link below.
There are independent financial consultants who work with St. John Fisher College employees regarding their retirement funds. Contact information, plus sites for additional information regarding TIAA-CREF and First Mercantile are listed below:
Telephone Counseling Center - (800) 842-2776
Jason Sciotti,consultant - (585)246-4602
More information on retirement and the retirement plans may be found in this excerpt from the Employee Handbook [pdf].
Retirement Plan Fee Disclosures
- First Mercantile Participant Fee Disclosure [pdf]
- TIAA-CREF Retirement Annuity Investment Comparative [pdf]
- TIAA-CREF Retirement Annuity Summary of Plan Services and Costs [pdf]
- TIAA-CREF Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity Investment Comparative [pdf]
- TIAA-CREF Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity Summary of Plan Services and Costs [pdf]
The Bridge to Retirement Plan [pdf] is available to all tenured faculty members who are at least 55 years of age, and have at least 10 years of full-time College service. The plan is voluntary and is initiated by the faculty member. The plan was designed to provide 1-3 years at a reduced teaching load in order to prepare for full retirement.
An employee may be eligible for certain retiree benefits from St. John Fisher College after 10 years of full-time employment, if years of service plus age equal at least 65. Please use this link for more information on Retiree Benefits [pdf], including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and tuition remission.