The College offers HMO health plans from Excellus (BlueCross BlueShield). For information on each of the plans, please click on the links below.
- Health Care Plans Comparison Sheet [pdf]
- Health Care Rates Comparison Sheet [pdf]
- Health Care Certificates
- Summary of Benefits and Coverages
- Qualifying Events; HDHP and HSA Information [pdf]
- How Do I Use My High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and Health Savings Account (HSA)? [pdf]
- Eligible Medical Expenses for HSAs [pdf]
- Healthy Rewards Demo [pdf]
- Estimated Health Care Cost Worksheets
- CHIP Notice [pdf]
View your benefits, copays and deductibles, check your claims history, order ID cards, and more.
The College offers 2 dental plans - Smile Saver IV and Smile Saver I Without Ortho. The Dental Rates Chart [pdf] shows the costs involved with each plan.
The College offers Domestic Partner coverage for health and dental plans only. Under this policy a full-time employee may enroll his/her domestic partner and their partner's dependent children in a College sponsored health and/or dental insurance plan. When an employee enrolls a domestic partner in a College sponsored insurance plan, the employee does not benefit from the same pre-tax benefits that married employees do. More detailed information on this plan and its tax implications can be found below.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): This is a smart and simple way for you to put aside money - tax-free - to cover "out of pocket" expenses you know you will have in the coming year. There are two types of FSA's; Health Care and Dependent Care. Several examples of unreimbursed expenses are:
- Physician visit co-pays and prescription co-pays
- Medical and dental insurance deductibles
- Eye glasses and contacts
- Child care expenses that are incurred due to employment
During open enrollment, an employee determines the amount that he/she wishes to put into a FSA annually and per pay period. The maximum annual allowable limit for FSA Medical is $2,500 and the FSA Dependent Care limit is $5,000. FSA funds that are not used in a calendar year are lost ("use it or lose it.")