Contact Financial Aid

Office: Kearney Hall, 204
Phone: (585) 385-8042
Fax: (585) 385-8044

Financial Aid FAQs for Graduate & Professional Students

General Financial Aid FAQs

Are tuition payment plans available?

Yes, St. John Fisher College does have a payment plan. The payment plan enables you to pay your balance due in monthly installments. The payment plan does not charge interest, only a small enrollment fee. Please visit the Student Accounts website for details.

Is it too late to apply for financial aid?

Probably not. The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) takes approximately 1 week to process. Financial aid can be calculated and awarded to students once we receive the FAFSA data. It is recommended that you apply for the FAFSA online and keep a copy for your records before submitting it. We are not able to retroactively process financial aid after a student's last term of enrollment.

What are the school codes for St. John Fisher College?

The Federal School Code for St. John Fisher College is 002821.

Can I use my aid for summer classes?

If you are taking 6 or more credit hours please complete and submit the Summer Financial Aid Request Form.

For financial aid purposes, what is considered full-time, half-time, and less than half-time?

For Financial Aid purposes, full time is considered 12 credit hours or more per semester. 3/4 time is 9 to 11 credit hours per semester. Half time is 6 to 8 credit hours per semester and less than half time is 5 or less credit hours per semester. A student must be enrolled at least half time (6 credit hours) to receive the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Student Loan and Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan.

How do I get a loan deferment?

Obtain a loan deferment form from you lender and have the Registrar's Office complete it. You can view information regarding your Federal Student loans at

How will my aid be disbursed to me?

Once all requested documentation has been received and processed by the Financial Aid Office, your awards will be disbursed to Student Accounts to be applied towards any outstanding balance. Any credit balance will be refunded to you by Student Accounts.

How do I pay for books before I get my refund?

If a student has a credit balance, they may transfer anticipated credit from their student account to their Cardinal Cash Account to use in the College bookstore. Anticipated credit can be transferred by completing a Transfer Request form at Student Accounts or on Fish 'R' Net. The credit will be available to use in the bookstore approximately one week before classes being. The Student Accounts website has more about Cardinal Cash.

If a student is not planning to purchase books from the College bookstore and they have a credit balance, a refund check will be issued after classes begin to reimburse/use for any education related expenses.

Do I need to re-apply every year for aid or is it automatically renewed?

You need to re-apply every year. Aid eligibility is reviewed annually and requires you to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at each year that aid is requested.

What happens to my aid if I drop a class?

Please see the Refund Policy and a financial aid counselor.

Copyright © St. John Fisher College • 3690 East Avenue, Rochester, New York 14618 • (585) 385-8000
Questions/Comments? - Email the Webmaster Website Terms of Use