Educational Technology Services
Educational technology support is available for all faculty or staff at Fisher interested in learning more about the effective use of technology to improve teaching and learning.
Educational technology support is available on many topics including:
- Pedagogical strategies and techniques for any classroom environment
- Specialized techniques for teaching online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced face-to-face courses
- How to make the best use of our course management system, Blackboard
- How to best utilize a variety of other educational technologies available on campus, including Echo360, TurningPoint, etc.
- Evaluating and piloting emerging educational technologies
The Educational Technologist is available for one-on-one or small group appointments at any time for specific Blackboard training needs or to discuss any educational technology related topics. These appointments will typically be scheduled in the Educational Technology Instruction Room.
To schedule an appointment, contact the Educational Technologist.
Workshops & Events
The Educational Technologist is available for specific departmental or school-wide workshops on a given topic of interest to the group. Workshop may be arranged on specific pedagogical strategies or teaching techniques, as well as the effective integration of educational technology into course design and delivery. Some of the past workshop topics include:
- Using Lecture Capture To Increase Student Engagement
- Classroom Engagement Techniques: Effective Use of Clickers
- Effective Practices for Using Digital Media in Your Classes
- Emerging Educational Technology Showcase
To request a workshop or event for your department or school, please contact the Educational Technologist.
Ed Tech Instruction Room
The Educational Technology Instruction Room is located in the lower level of the Lavery Library in room L109. The room contains two available workstations, one MAC and one PC, for faculty to utilize at their convenience. These workstations have a variety of educational software installed that can be utilized for course development needs. These stations are also utilized for one-on-one consultation sessions.
Teaching and Learning Book Collection
Learn more about the Teaching and Learning Book Collection, located in the Educational Technology Instruction room in the lower level of Lavery Library, room L109.