There are three ways to meet and engage with students on-campus throughout the school year:
Annual Career Fair at Fisher
Our annual Career Fair draws students from all majors. Your company profile and the positions you are recruiting for will be included in our employer directory for the event. If you are interested in participating in this event, please contact Jean Skuse at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (585) 385-8050 to be added to our invitation list. Space is limited so make sure to sign-up early once registration is open.
Accounting and Nursing Career Fairs
Fisher also hosts industry specific career fairs for the accounting and nursing fields. Registrations for the Accounting and Nursing Career Fairs are limited to organizations recruiting accounting or nursing students. These are smaller events, and specifically targeted to students in those academic programs. For more information about the Accounting Career Fair, contact Beth Jeffries at email@example.com, and for information regarding the Nursing Career Fair, contact Jean Skuse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rochester Area Career Expo and Teaching Recruitment Day
St. John Fisher College is also part of the Rochester Area Career Development Association (RACDA), which hosts and annual career fair called Rochester Area Career Expo (RACE) and a Teacher Recruitment Day in the spring. RACE draws students from all of the Rochester area colleges, as well as community members. Teacher Recruitment Day is a recruitment event specifically for students becoming certified in education fields. If you are interested in recruiting at either of these events, please visit the RACDA website.
Information sessions offer organizations a way to introduce their company to interested students in a more intimate setting. This can sometimes be coordinated with a relevant campus club to allow employers a broader audience based on their company profile and recruiting needs. To discuss the possibility of coordinating an on-campus information session, please contact Beth Jeffries at email@example.com or (585) 385-8050, allowing at least 2 months prior to your desired presentation date.
On-campus interviews allow employers to meet with students on campus through posting positions and scheduling a date to conduct interviews in the Career Center. Positions are posted through our CareerZone system, and students will sign up for available timeslots on the date you have selected. We offer the option to prescreen candidates by having students apply and selecting candidates to interview (Preselect Schedules), or you may allow any qualified students to schedule interviews through an open sign-up process (Open Schedules).
We encourage contacting the Career Center at least 6 weeks in advance of your desired interview date to ensure a convenient date, and allow time for the application cycle and student sign-up. On-campus interview dates are available from October 20 through December 5, and January 20 through April 23.
Instructions for On-Campus Interviews
- Request your date by contacting Beth Jeffries at (585) 385-8051 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide several dates that you would be available, along with your contact information and number of required interview rooms.
- Submit your job description at the time that you request your interview date. If you haven’t recruited at St. John Fisher College before, we will set you up with an account.
- For Preselect Schedules, the deadline for the position should be at least 1 week prior to the interview date to allow time to make selections and students to sign up for timeslots.
- You may check your submissions throughout the application period, and will receive a resume packet once your job has expired. For Open Schedules, students will sign-up for timeslots throughout the application period.
- For Preselect Schedules, return selections to Beth Jeffries (email@example.com) or submit them through the CareerZone system. Selected students will receive notification that they can sign up for available timeslots.
- The interview schedule will be viewable in CareerZone, and you will also receive a finalized schedule from the Career Center once all timeslots are filled.
- Conduct interviews in one of our interview rooms at the Career Center, located on the ground floor of Lavery Library.