You may view your current account activity and/or current billing statement anytime through Fish 'R' Net.
Information in this section includes:
- Your Student Bill
- Settling Your Bill
- Electronic Billing
- How Does E-billing Work?
- Financial Aid on Your Bill
- Payment Policy
When you register for courses at Fisher, charges are assessed to your student account. These charges are reflected on your student bill. Your student bill also reflects payments, and any received or authorized financial aid.
Bills are in the student's name and reflect transactions that are on the student's account. The student is responsible for any balance due. A student must provide us with permission before we can discuss their account information with any other party. This can be done one of two ways:
- Online – Students can establish one or more 'authorized payers' in FisherPay. By doing this, they are also giving consent for us to speak to that party. For information about how to establish an Authorized Payer, please see our FisherPay Guide.
- Written Permission – Students can submit a Release of Confidential Student Financial Information [pdf] form, which is available in our office and on our website.
Your student account must reflect a credit or zero balance by the due date to be considered settled and avoid a late fee. To achieve this, you will need to:
- Establish adequate financial aid, or
- Establish a semester-based payment plan, or
- Submit proof of employer payment, or
- Pay the balance due
Students and parents can now view their tuition bills online through FisherPay, an online billing system powered by QuikPAY. FisherPay offers a safe and convenient means of receiving electronic billing statements, and making web-based payments. For more information, please view our FisherPay Guide.
When a billing statement is available, email notifications are sent to the student's SJFC email address, any secondary email address that has been established, and any authorized payers. This notification will prompt students and authorized payers to log into FisherPay to view their current billing statement. Once inside FisherPay, students and authorized payers will be able to view their current account activity, current billing statement, and any stored statements. They can also make payments online via credit card and/or electronic check (e-check).
Students and authorized payers can also sign up to receive a cell phone text message, alerting them to the availability of a new billing statement.
The Bursar's Office will only give billing credit for aid that has been approved by the Financial Aid Office. All financial aid requirements must be satisfied before your aid will appear as a credit on your bill. Outstanding requirements can be viewed online at Fish 'R' Net.
All student accounts must be settled by the date established by the College each semester. An account is considered settled when it reflects a credit or zero balance. This can be achieved by any combination of the following:
- Establishing adequate financial aid
- Setting up a payment plan
- Paying the balance in full
- Submitting the Payment/Reimbursement from Employer Plan (PREP) form
- Arranging for direct billing to your employer
Students will receive a financial aid deferment of the amount they are borrowing once their loan approvals are received by the Financial Aid Office.
Students whose bills are not settled may not be allowed to drop or add classes, move into residence halls, participate in College-sponsored activities, obtain an email account or ID card, use the library, access their meal plan account, access the Student Life Center, or work or park on campus. Additional restrictions may also be imposed.
The College reserves the right to deny admission or registration to any person who has not paid in full all outstanding financial obligations to the College. The College may, at its sole discretion:
- Refuse to admit or register the student
- Cancel the student's registration
- Bar the student from attending class
- Remove the student from residence housing
- Withhold the student's transcripts and diploma
NEW! E-Billing Text Message Alerts
Students and authorized payers can now sign up to receive a text message, alerting them to the availability of a new billing statement.
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall bills will be generated by the end of June. An email will be sent to your Fisher email address when a billing statement is available for viewing. You will always be allowed at least 30 days to pay a balance due.
Your bill due date is on the top right side of your bill. Any student whose bill is past due may receive a late fee of up to $200. As a reminder, bills are only available online. Please review our electronic billing information.