HEOP Program Requirements
In order to be considered for the HEOP program, you must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a New York State resident for at least one year prior to enrollment.
- Have received a high school diploma or state approved General Equivalency Diploma.
- Be inadmissible under the College's general admission standards but have a minimum of a:
- 75 High School Grade Point Average (GPA) or overall GED score of 2500.
- Combined SAT critical reading & math score of 750 or score of 16 on the ACT exam.
- Have the potential to succeed in college.
- Meet New York State's Economic Guidelines.
To qualify for the program you must qualify both academically and financially. Be aware that the academic requirement varies at each institution while the financial guidelines are the same. The economic guidelines are based on family income and number of household members, including the head of the household. To be considered for the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program, the applicant's family income must fall within the ranges given in the following chart:
Number in Household Dependent on Income
|Add $7,511 for each additional family member.|