Applying to HEOP
To apply, an applicant must complete an undergraduate admissions application and check the HEOP box. You do not send a special application to HEOP. You must complete a hard or online application and indicate that you would like to be considered for HEOP. Along with your application, you must submit:
- Official high school transcript or copy of GED scores.
- Two letters of recommendations (teacher, guidance counselor, employer, etc.)
- Submit SAT and/or ACT test scores.
- One page personal statement (download the Personal Statement Form [pdf]).
Note: Strong candidates, reviewed and determined by the HEOP committee, will be invited to participate in a mandatory interview and HEOP testing session.
Freshmen must attend a five-week academic Pre-freshman Summer Program. All students are required to pursue their studies on a full-time basis and are required to utilize academic support services such as advisement, counseling, and tutoring throughout their college career.
HEOP Financial Aid
To be eligible for HEOP, all applicants must complete and submit the following:
- Signed copy of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application.
- Submit proof of income in previous year for parents and self if applicable (signed copy of 1040 income tax form or letter from any of the following applicable organizations stating the amount of money received: Social Services, Social Security, Veterans Benefits, unemployment or disability).
- Other documents as requested by HEOP:
Note: Students should apply for both FAFSA and TAP by no later than February 15.
To transfer into HEOP at St. John Fisher College, students must have been enrolled in a special program such as HEOP, EOP, SEEK, and College Discovery at their previous institution. Verification of status is required before final acceptance. Acceptance into the program as a transfer is dependent on space available within HEOP.