Your instructor should always be your first source of help in a class. Beyond that, Peer Tutoring for most 100-200 level courses is coordinated by Margie Murphy in the Office of Academic Affairs, Kearney 202. There are no fees to you for using any of the services listed on this page.
The Writing Center assists students with most written work. Skilled writers know the value of a second reader!
The Math Center assists students with the development of their mathematical understanding.
If your class isn't specified on the list below, refer to Peer Tutoring through OAA.
Smarthinking's online service provides academic support to students in basic math and writing, but also in more advanced subjects like organic chemistry, math beyond calculus, finance and statistics. Smarthinking's tutors are experts in teaching as well as in their fields, with the overwhelming majority holding a masters or Ph.D. in their subject area. Online Writing Lab provides students with individualized feedback and critique on reports. Smarthinking supplements Fisher's existing tutoring services, offering academic assistance when other services are closed. In fact, its busiest hours are from 9pm to 6am. Smarthinking is accessed through your MySJFC account. To use, click on the Smarthinking logo in mySJFC. General information may be obtained at Smarthinking.
- View the Accounting Tutoring Schedule [pdf].
- BIOL 105: Assigned tutoring groups - Peer Tutoring
- BIOL 120: Tutoring is built into the recitation course. See your instructor.
- BIOL 120: Sessions on 2nd floor of Science Building near the window. You may attend any session [see attached schedule], but are also expected to attend the in class tutoring during the recitation hours of your class.
- BIOL 120: Assigned tutoring groups - Peer Tutoring
- BIOL 128: View Schedule [pdf]
- Other BIOL 100-200 courses: Peer Tutoring
- CHEM 103-104: Assigned tutoring groups, see Department Chair, Dr. Lantzky
- CHEM 120: Peer Tutoring
- CHEM 201-202: Peer Tutoring
- CHEM 214 & 365: Math Center
- CSCI 161 & 162: Math Center
- Writing Center: Appointment via TutorTrac required.
- View the Finance Tutoring Schedule [pdf]