Academic Difficulty Overview
St. John Fisher College recognizes that you may struggle with your academic progress for reasons including family issues, personal health, conflicts with work, or academic goals that are incompatible with your interests and abilities. You may not be prepared for the transition from high school to college or from a two-year college to Fisher. The transition to more advanced coursework or changing from part-time to full-time status may also impact your academics.
Are You Struggling Academically?
- Take a look at our Suggestions for Improving Academic Performance
- Consider using a Peer Tutor
- Contact the office to meet with an academic advisor
Have You Fallen Below "Good Standing"?
- Review the categories of Academic Intervention (and how they relate to financial aid)
- Learn what it means to be under Academic Contract
- Find out about Academic Dismissal and Appeals