Advising & Registration Overview
Declare or Change a Major/Minor
The process is simple! Complete an Academic Change form [pdf] and submit it to the Office of Academic Affairs. This form also allows you to change your academic advisor.
Having trouble choosing a major? We can help!
Useful Registration Information
- How to Read Prerequisites
- Web Registration Worksheet [pdf]
- Course Planning Worksheet [pdf]
- Exploring Fisher's Course Offerings [pdf]
- Online Registration Guide [pdf]
- Non-matriculated Registration Information
Registering for more than 19 credit hours?
Send an email to your academic advisor that includes the following:
- Fisher ID number
- Semester for which you are requesting the overload
- Total number of credit hours requested
- List of all intended courses (DEPT Course# Credit Hours)
- Reason for the request
- A note at the end of the email asking your advisor to forward your email with his or her comments and approval to Dr. David Pate firstname.lastname@example.org.
If approved by Dr. Pate, your credit limit will be raised and you will receive an email notifying you to register for the additional hour(s).
Find Your Advisor on Fish 'R' Net
To find the name of your advisor:
- Log into Fish 'R' Net
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select View Advisor Email Address
Important Fall Dates
Mon., September 29
- Last day to withdraw from a course without academic record
Tues., September 30
- "W" grades begin for course withdrawals
Friday, October 17
- Midterm grades due
Mon., November 3
- Last day to withdraw from a course with a "W" grade; withdrawals after this result in grade of "F" or "FA"
Week of November 3
- Registration PINs available
- Course Offerings viewable online
Week of November 10
- Registration time slots viewable in Fish 'R' Net
Mon., November 17
- Spring course registration begins by assigned times
Mon., December 8
- Final exams begin