Advising & Registration Overview
Declare or Change a Major/Minor
The process is simple! Complete an Academic Change form [pdf] and submit it to the Office of Academic Affairs. This form also allows you to change your academic advisor.
Having trouble choosing a major? We can help!
Useful Registration Information
- How to Read Prerequisites
- Web Registration Worksheet [pdf]
- Course Planning Worksheet [pdf]
- Exploring Fisher's Course Offerings [pdf]
- Online Registration Guide [pdf]
- Non-matriculated Registration Information
Registering for more than 19 credit hours?
Send an email to your academic advisor that includes the following:
- Fisher ID number
- Semester for which you are requesting the overload
- Total number of credit hours requested
- List of all intended courses (DEPT Course# Credit Hours)
- Reason for the request
- A note at the end of the email asking your advisor to forward your email with his or her comments and approval to your school dean.
If approved by your school dean, your credit limit will be raised and you will receive an email notifying you to register for the additional hour(s). Expect to be billed for each credit hour above 19.
Find Your Advisor on Fish 'R' Net
To find the name of your advisor:
- Log into Fish 'R' Net
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select View Advisor Email Address
Wednesday, March 23
- Last day to withdraw with a "W" grade
Week of March 28
- Summer and fall courses posted online
- Alternate PINs available to academic advisors - students begin advising meetings to obtain PIN
- Timeslots available in Fish 'R' Net
- Summer course registration begins for all continuing students
- Fall course registration begins for continuing students by assigned times
- Advising and registration for summer and fall transfer and readmitting students begins
- Summer course registration begins for undergraduate non-matriculated students
- Fall course registration begins for undergraduate non-matriculated students
- Fall UG term begins at 1:45 p.m.