St. John Fisher College Annual Golf Tournament Raises $139,000
Despite the rainy conditions, St. John Fisher College hosted the 24th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament, honoring Father Charles Lavery and Father Joseph Dorsey, on Monday, June 10. The tournament attracted a sold-out crowd of 133 golfers to Oak Hill Country Club.
The tournament raised $139,000, the second highest total in the tournament’s history. Golfers were given custom-made PGA/Fisher jackets as tee prizes, and had the opportunity to get their picture taken with the PGA Wanamaker trophy. The tournament’s silent auction featured a variety of great prizes, including tickets to the 2014 Masters Tournament.
Tournament co-chairs were Marty Moll, Jr. '82, Ken McAlpin '77, and Lauren Burns '82. Moll has been in the role since the tournament began. This year, he was ably assisted by Ralph Fornuto '84, who served as Honorary Chairman.
Father Lavery served as President of Fisher from 1958-1980, and Father Dorsey was a longtime member of the College's senior administration. Since the tournament began in 1982, it has raised over $1,000,000 that has been used to fund student scholarships for the College.
Jim Gould and Greg Smith '73.
Wayne LeChase, Dan DiLoreto, Katie Goff, and Jim Goff.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Phil Castleberry Named Vice President for Institutional Advancement at St. John Fisher College
- President Rooney to Deliver February First Friday Lecture
- Crowning Career
- Fisher Alumna Assumes Appointment as Federal Clerk
- Fisher Alumnus Serves as Distinguished Professorship at RIT
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists