Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
The season will continue for the St. John Fisher College football team, as the nationally ranked Cardinals were one of five teams to receive an at-large bid into the 2013 NCAA Division III Football Championship.
The No. 25 Cardinals (8-2) will take on No. 9 John Carroll University (9-1) at 12 p.m. on Saturday, November 23, at JCU's Don Shula Stadium. Fans can listen live on SportsRadio950-ESPN with the Northwestern Mutual Pre-Game Show starting at 11:30 a.m.
Sunday's selection marks the fifth time the Cardinals will appear in the NCAA Championship and first time since the 2011 season. That year, Fisher earned an at-large bid as well and knocked off previously-undefeated Johns Hopkins University and Delaware Valley College, before bowing out in the national quarterfinals to St. Thomas.
John Carroll, who was 9-0 with just 33 points allowed on the year before losing to Mount Union 42-34 last Saturday, has one common opponent with Fisher. Both the Cardinals and the Blue Streaks blanked Otterbein 28-0 in week one and week three, respectively.
The winner will advance to the second round where it will face the winner of Hobart vs. Gallaudet.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Phil Castleberry Named Vice President for Institutional Advancement at St. John Fisher College
- President Rooney to Deliver February First Friday Lecture
- Crowning Career
- Fisher Alumna Assumes Appointment as Federal Clerk
- Fisher Alumnus Serves as Distinguished Professorship at RIT
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists