Alum Promoted at First Niagara Financial Group
First Niagara Financial Group appointed David A. Kavney '89 to serve as Central New York market executive, where he will continue to lead the market's corporate banking activities.
In addition to corporate banking, Kavney will be responsible for assisting business line managers in sales and community outreach efforts, including the management of sponsorships, philanthropy, community development efforts and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) activities throughout the region. Kavney will remain in First Niagara's 100 Clinton Square offices.
Kavney joined First Niagara in July 2010 from M&T Bank, where he was most recently an administrative vice president and group manager within their middle market lending group. In this position, Kavney was responsible for the management of a team of commercial relationship managers in the Syracuse, Utica and Rome markets.
Kavney holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management, and is an active board member of Elmcrest Children's Center, Inc., ESF College Foundation, Inc. and CenterState CEO.
Kavney and his family live in Camillus and he is a lifelong resident of Central New York.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Event Celebrates Tradition of Class Rings
- Fisher Grad Discovers Frederick Douglass Photograph
- Philanthropy Week by the Numbers
- Keith Senglaub ’81 Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- First Friday Lecture to Explore Presidential Election
- Fisher Alumni Contribute to Preservation of Irish History
- Film and Video Room Named for Football Pioneer, Alumnus Ralph Fornuto
- Fisher Celebrates Inaugural Philanthropy Week
- State of Education in New York Focus of First Friday Lecture
- Irish Actor Bosco Hogan to Perform at Fisher