Recent Graduate Honored with Nursing Student Leadership Award
Elizabeth Dollinger '11 was recently honored by the New York State Nurses Association (NYSNA) with the Student Leadership Award at the Association's convention in Niagara Falls.
Dollinger graduated from the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing with a BS, and entered into the field working in the neurology unit at Strong Memorial Hospital. She decided to get into nursing after she had already completed a degree in psychology from The Catholic University in Washington, D.C.
While at Fisher, she was an active leader in the program, and served as the co-president of the Student Nurses Association during her senior year.
She received the honor for her "tremendous initiative and leadership in a variety of activities to strengthen the sense of community within the School of Nursing." Other activities she organized while at Fisher included a variety of fundraising opportunities, stress relief/team-building exercises for students, and the largest student group donation of hand-made teddy bears for children at Alternatives for Battered Women.
In addition, Dollinger travelled with the School of Nursing to Kenya to volunteer in makeshift health clinics. Upon her return, she spearheaded the largest school gift in Fisher's history that would provide benches and equipment for a newly established clinic there.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Are You Ready for Some Football? (And VIP Treatment?)
- Calling All Alumni Nominations!
- Where Are You Now?
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- Scholarship Golf Tournament Celebrates 25 Years, Raises $125,000
- Saunders ’93 Honored by New York State Bar Association
- District Attorney Sandra Doorley Serves as Guest Speaker at 13th Annual Justinian Luncheon