Recent Graduate Honored with Nursing Student Leadership Award
Elizabeth Dollinger '11 was recently honored by the New York State Nurses Association (NYSNA) with the Student Leadership Award at the Association's convention in Niagara Falls.
Dollinger graduated from the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing with a BS, and entered into the field working in the neurology unit at Strong Memorial Hospital. She decided to get into nursing after she had already completed a degree in psychology from The Catholic University in Washington, D.C.
While at Fisher, she was an active leader in the program, and served as the co-president of the Student Nurses Association during her senior year.
She received the honor for her "tremendous initiative and leadership in a variety of activities to strengthen the sense of community within the School of Nursing." Other activities she organized while at Fisher included a variety of fundraising opportunities, stress relief/team-building exercises for students, and the largest student group donation of hand-made teddy bears for children at Alternatives for Battered Women.
In addition, Dollinger travelled with the School of Nursing to Kenya to volunteer in makeshift health clinics. Upon her return, she spearheaded the largest school gift in Fisher's history that would provide benches and equipment for a newly established clinic there.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Fisher Unveils Statue in Memory of Alumnus Thomas Way ’66 on Veteran’s Day
- Natural Landscapes Subject of New Exhibit at Fisher’s Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Eight Inducted into Athletics Hall of Fame
- Rosica, Smith Meet with Pope Francis
- Annual Giving Campaign Kicks Off with Luncheon
- Rochester Radio Show Comes to Fisher during November First Friday Lecture