Recent Graduate Honored with Nursing Student Leadership Award
Elizabeth Dollinger '11 was recently honored by the New York State Nurses Association (NYSNA) with the Student Leadership Award at the Association's convention in Niagara Falls.
Dollinger graduated from the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing with a BS, and entered into the field working in the neurology unit at Strong Memorial Hospital. She decided to get into nursing after she had already completed a degree in psychology from The Catholic University in Washington, D.C.
While at Fisher, she was an active leader in the program, and served as the co-president of the Student Nurses Association during her senior year.
She received the honor for her "tremendous initiative and leadership in a variety of activities to strengthen the sense of community within the School of Nursing." Other activities she organized while at Fisher included a variety of fundraising opportunities, stress relief/team-building exercises for students, and the largest student group donation of hand-made teddy bears for children at Alternatives for Battered Women.
In addition, Dollinger travelled with the School of Nursing to Kenya to volunteer in makeshift health clinics. Upon her return, she spearheaded the largest school gift in Fisher's history that would provide benches and equipment for a newly established clinic there.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Alum, Media and Communication Professor Collaborate on Video Production Course Project
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain