District Attorney Sandra Doorley Serves as Guest Speaker at 13th Annual Justinian Luncheon
The Justinian Order of St. John Fisher College held its 13th annual civic luncheon for members of the judiciary, the bar, government, law enforcement, and the business sector at the Rochester Plaza Hotel on Tuesday, May 20. The guest speaker was Monroe County District Attorney Sandra Doorley.
Elected in 2011, Doorley is the first female District Attorney in Monroe County history. Prior to assuming office, she served the District Attorney’s Office with distinction for nearly 20 years, successfully prosecuting thousands of high profile criminal cases and compiling an impressive record of victories.
After joining the office in 1992, she served under two consecutive administrations in the following capacities: Chief of the Felony DWI Bureau (2004-2005); Deputy Chief of the Major Felony Bureau (2005-2008); Second Assistant District Attorney (2008); First Assistant District Attorney (2008-2011); Homicide Bureau Chief (2011).
Doorley is recognized as a leader in the prosecution of cold cases using DNA evidence and has successfully obtained indictments and convictions in such cases, including the 1976 murder of a young girl in Rochester and the conviction of a serial sex offender for murder and sexual assault.
In January 2011, she was honored by the New York State District Attorney’s Association with the Robert M. Morgenthau Award in recognition for her “professional accomplishments, honesty, integrity and commitment to the fair and ethical administration of justice.” In addition to her duties as District Attorney, she continues to assume the role of lead prosecutor on several current and pending homicide and criminal cases.
Doorley is a graduate of the Syracuse University School of Law and performed her undergraduate studies at the University at Albany. She resides in Webster with her family.
The Justinian Order of St. John Fisher College is an academic and legal society intended to create collegiality among Fisher graduates professionally involved in the law. It is currently composed of over 400 judges and attorneys, all of whom are graduates of the College.
For more information about the Justinian Order, visit www.sjfc.edu/alumni/groups/justinian/.
District Attorney Sandra Doorley with President Bain.
Greg Huether, Esq. '76, President of the Justinian Order, makes remarks.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Announces Construction of New Chapel
- Tenures Begin for New Chairs, Member of St. John Fisher College Board of Trustees
- Fisher Alumnus Organized Art Exhibit in Waterford, Ireland, Rochester’s Sister City
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine
- Convocation Brunch Brings Seniors Together for Reflection, Recognition
- Event Celebrates Tradition of Class Rings