Mayor Richards is Keynote Speaker at 11th Justinian Luncheon
The Justinian Order of St. John Fisher College held its eleventh annual civic luncheon for members of the judiciary, the bar, government, law enforcement, and the business sector at the Rochester Plaza Hotel on Wednesday, May 23, 2012. The guest speaker at this year’s luncheon was Mayor Tom Richards.
Dr. Gerry Rooney, Senior Vice President for Enrollment Management and Planning, opened the event and introduced the current President of the Justinian Order, James Vacca ’81. Mr. Vacca then introduced Dr. Bain, who updated the attendees on the state of the College. After lunch, Mayor Richards addressed the crowd of nearly 300 people and spoke about “A New Politics of Governing” in the City of Rochester.
At the end of Mayor Richards’ remarks, Dr. Bain presented him with a framed print of our patron, St. John Fisher.
The Justinian Order is both an academic and legal society intended to create collegiality among Fisher graduates who are professionally involved in the law. The members have occasion to gather socially and bond professionally, to offer networking opportunities for young alumni, and to mentor and advise current undergraduate students.
One of the first of Fisher’s eight alumni affinity groups, the Justinian Order is currently comprised of over 400 members—lawyers and judges who did their undergraduate work at the College. And over 200 of those members are in the Greater Rochester area.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Event Celebrates Tradition of Class Rings
- Fisher Grad Discovers Frederick Douglass Photograph
- Philanthropy Week by the Numbers
- Keith Senglaub ’81 Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- First Friday Lecture to Explore Presidential Election
- Fisher Alumni Contribute to Preservation of Irish History
- Film and Video Room Named for Football Pioneer, Alumnus Ralph Fornuto
- Fisher Celebrates Inaugural Philanthropy Week
- State of Education in New York Focus of First Friday Lecture
- Irish Actor Bosco Hogan to Perform at Fisher