“Hope” Exhibit Debuts in Welcome Center Gallery
Beginning on August 20, the St. John Fisher College Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Welcome Center will host an art exhibit titled, “Hope: the Art of Pat Costigan.” The free exhibit is open to the public, and will run from August 20-September 21.
Costigan has lived in Rochester for the last 22 years and considers herself a lifelong artist. The exhibit is composed of abstract paintings, pastels, and innerscapes. While preparing for her exhibit, she wanted to explore the commonalities in faith beliefs, researching the similarities rather than differences.
During her travels, she asked acquaintances, friends, and people on the street one question: "What gives you hope?" According to Costigan, there were many surprising and similar answers, but the most common were: “people in my family,” “children,” and “nature.”
Costigan was driven by these inspirations, and her paintings are intended to reinvigorate a greater desire to hope and broaden our universal sense of hope.
Gallery hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 a.m. to noon on Friday. For more information, please contact Calista Amering at email@example.com or 585-385-7322.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine
- Convocation Brunch Brings Seniors Together for Reflection, Recognition
- Event Celebrates Tradition of Class Rings
- Fisher Grad Discovers Frederick Douglass Photograph
- Philanthropy Week by the Numbers
- Keith Senglaub ’81 Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- First Friday Lecture to Explore Presidential Election
- Fisher Alumni Contribute to Preservation of Irish History
- Film and Video Room Named for Football Pioneer, Alumnus Ralph Fornuto