“Hope” Exhibit Debuts in Welcome Center Gallery
Beginning on August 20, the St. John Fisher College Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Welcome Center will host an art exhibit titled, “Hope: the Art of Pat Costigan.” The free exhibit is open to the public, and will run from August 20-September 21.
Costigan has lived in Rochester for the last 22 years and considers herself a lifelong artist. The exhibit is composed of abstract paintings, pastels, and innerscapes. While preparing for her exhibit, she wanted to explore the commonalities in faith beliefs, researching the similarities rather than differences.
During her travels, she asked acquaintances, friends, and people on the street one question: "What gives you hope?" According to Costigan, there were many surprising and similar answers, but the most common were: “people in my family,” “children,” and “nature.”
Costigan was driven by these inspirations, and her paintings are intended to reinvigorate a greater desire to hope and broaden our universal sense of hope.
Gallery hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 a.m. to noon on Friday. For more information, please contact Calista Amering at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-385-7322.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Alum, Media and Communication Professor Collaborate on Video Production Course Project
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain
- Jeffrey Holbrook ’88 Honored as Sport Manager of the Year
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year