Biology Department Matches Students with Alumni Mentors
On Wednesday, January 30, a total of 21 current Biology students had the opportunity to meet and network with alumni who are working in the industry through the department’s peer mentoring program.
The program has been in place for two years, and matches first-year students with more experienced students in the major. Peer mentor/mentee teams are then matched with an alumni mentor who serves as a resource for information and support to students throughout the semester.
The event included a dinner, a brief presentation about mentoring, and a time for networking. A total of 14 alumni attended.
Samantha Kelly '13, a Biology major, and Dr. Jeffrey Dolgos, DDS, '92.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Thaddeus Wier III ’14 Turns Professional Golfer: Finishes 6th
- A Look Back at Alumni Weekend
- College Honors Alumni in Tree Planting Ceremony
- Bain to Take Farewell Tour, Visit Alumni Across Country
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- College Inducts Four into Science and Technology Hall of Fame
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Are You Ready for Some Football? (And VIP Treatment?)