Biology Department Matches Students with Alumni Mentors
On Wednesday, January 30, a total of 21 current Biology students had the opportunity to meet and network with alumni who are working in the industry through the department’s peer mentoring program.
The program has been in place for two years, and matches first-year students with more experienced students in the major. Peer mentor/mentee teams are then matched with an alumni mentor who serves as a resource for information and support to students throughout the semester.
The event included a dinner, a brief presentation about mentoring, and a time for networking. A total of 14 alumni attended.
Samantha Kelly '13, a Biology major, and Dr. Jeffrey Dolgos, DDS, '92.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article