Biology Department Matches Students with Alumni Mentors
On Wednesday, January 30, a total of 21 current Biology students had the opportunity to meet and network with alumni who are working in the industry through the department’s peer mentoring program.
The program has been in place for two years, and matches first-year students with more experienced students in the major. Peer mentor/mentee teams are then matched with an alumni mentor who serves as a resource for information and support to students throughout the semester.
The event included a dinner, a brief presentation about mentoring, and a time for networking. A total of 14 alumni attended.
Samantha Kelly '13, a Biology major, and Dr. Jeffrey Dolgos, DDS, '92.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team
- Ed.D. Grad’s Work with Roc Hub Featured in D&C
- Fisher Announces Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Class
- Fisher Grad a Woman to Watch
- Fisher Alumnus Publishes Memoir
- Fisher at Fringe: Faculty, Staff, Students Participate in Annual Festival
- First Friday Lecture Explores Friendship of St. Thomas More, St. John Fisher
- Women in Leadership Topic of Second Alumnae Luncheon
- Fisher Alumnus Tapped as Dean of Undergraduate Admissions at George Washington University
- Nursing Alumna Given Future Nurse Leader Award