Scholarship Golf Tournament Celebrates 25 Years, Raises $125,000
St. John Fisher College hosted the 25th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament, honoring Father Charles Lavery and Father Joseph Dorsey, on Monday, June 9. The tournament attracted 30 foursomes to Oak Hill Country Club.
The tournament, presented by The Theodore and Cashmere M. Mendick Foundation, raised $125,000. Golfers received polo shirts with the new Scholarship Golf Tournament logo and baseball caps featuring the Fisher Cardinal. The tournament’s silent auction featured a variety of great items, including a chance at four tickets to the Syracuse v. Duke game, and autographed Buffalo Bills items from CJ Spiller, EJ Manuel, and rookie Sammy Watkins. One lucky bidder also had a chance to bid on a home-cooked meal by Fisher’s own Executive Chef, Joel Kraft.
Tournament co-chairs were Marty Moll, Jr. '82, Ken McAlpin '77, and Lauren Burns '82. Moll has been in the role since the tournament began.
Father Lavery served as President of Fisher from 1958-1980, and Father Dorsey was a longtime member of the College's senior administration. Since the tournament began in 1982, it has raised over $1,000,000 that has been used to fund student scholarships for the College.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Announces Construction of New Chapel
- Tenures Begin for New Chairs, Member of St. John Fisher College Board of Trustees
- Fisher Alumnus Organized Art Exhibit in Waterford, Ireland, Rochester’s Sister City
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine
- Convocation Brunch Brings Seniors Together for Reflection, Recognition
- Event Celebrates Tradition of Class Rings