The Justinian Order's annual Civic Luncheon will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2013 at the Rochester Plaza Hotel and will feature a keynote address by United States District Court Judge, the Honorable Frank Geraci, Jr. Should you have any questions regarding the Justinian Order's events, please contact Larry Oberlies at (585) 385-5225.
Congratulations to John J. LaDuca, Esq. '65 for receiving the Justinian Order Medal of Honor at the Order's 11th annual fall award reception. LaDuca was honored for his service to the law profession, to the community, and to St. John Fisher College.
The Justinian Order of St. John Fisher College was formed in the spring of 2002 and is an academic and legal society intended to create collegiality among Fisher graduates professionally involved with the law. Members have the opportunity to gather socially, bond professionally, and pass on the legacy of Fisher’s legal scholarship to younger alumni and students. The group is comprised of over 400 judges, attorneys and other law professionals – all graduates of St. John Fisher College.
The Justinian Order of St. John Fisher College recognizes with pride the network of Fisher alumni (ae) engaged in the practice and administration of law and promotes the mutual interests of its alma mater and the legal profession through:
- Collegiality - maintaining friendships amongst fellow graduates conducive to productive networking;
- Professional Bonding - utilizing occasional society organized programs/seminars/presentations pertinent to the law profession, along with interdisciplinary possibilities such as medicine, accounting, and business;
- Advisory Mentoring - to newly admitted attorneys and, where appropriate, to prospective students contemplating admissions to the College, to Fisher undergraduates contemplating the study of the law, and to possible internship assistance;
- Advocacy - for the alma mater amongst peers and related professional centers of influence;
- Camaraderie - through overall general support to the College with enhanced participation in reunions and cultural and social activities, involving spouses and guests.
St. John Fisher College awarded its 11th annual Justinian Medal to John L. LaDuca, Esq. ’65 on Wednesday, November 14, at an early evening reception at the Genesee Valley Club.